Last night on our way home from Grandma and Grandpa's, Avery started getting giggly about starting first grade.
"I'm so nervous, Mom! I have butterflies in my stomach! Eek!" she yelled from the back seat.
Tucker chimed in, "Mom, I have trains in my stomach when I think about going to preschool!"
"You can't have trains in your stomach, Tucker!" Avery said.
"But I like trains. And you like butterflies."
That makes sense, I guess.
Our big first grader is off to her first day this morning. What a difference a year makes. She confidently hopped and skipped down the sidewalk, forgetting to hug me good bye.
We are back home now with little Ruby, who was discharged with an apnea monitor. It will alert us if she stops breathing for longer than 20 seconds or if her heart rhythm isn't quite right. The attending doctor told us that it would be a pain to carry around but he didn't want us to go without it, as during her EEG she had a possible seizure-like event. But as with every other diagnosis she gets, the doctor isn't too concerned. Anyway, I kind of like the monitor. I can sleep at night without getting up to check to make sure she is breathing. I wish they would let me keep it.

Comments
Post a Comment