I'm still not over my chest cold that started last week. It's moved upwards to clog my sinuses now and rob me of my voice.
The kids get a kick out of me when I try to talk. I asked Piper to get out of my room yesterday.
"Ok, Mom." she said, in her best raspy voice, chuckling to herself.
I spent most of the morning shivering under my covers, trying to get my body to break the fever and I gotta say, my kids were all-stars today. Milo took a long morning nap and Avery kept the other two entertained so I could sleep. After lunch, the two youngest went down for naps and Avery and Tucker played quietly while I read my book under my covers.
Tucker peeked his head into my room at one point and said, "Mom, you are sick and I want to come snuggle with you in your bed."
My heart melted but I've been trying to avoid getting too close to the kids to hopefully prevent them from getting sick too so I had to turn him down.
I felt a little better after supper and as I sat in the Lazy Boy, Tucker sat on the arm rest, rocking me in the chair.
"Mom." he said, touching my hair. "You are so beautiful. I love your haircut."
He went on.
"When I be a grown-up, you should give me some more hair so I can be a nice mommy like you. And I want to be a nurse like you. And an engineer. But Mom, don't ever buy Tootie Frooties ever again."
He sat up a little straighter then and told me he was still hungry. I reminded him that he just ate supper and that it was in his belly.
"No, it didn't go to my belly. It went to my feet and my belly is still hungry."
Nice try there, bud.
I could sit and visit with him all day. I forget how much fun three year old's are.
The kids get a kick out of me when I try to talk. I asked Piper to get out of my room yesterday.
"Ok, Mom." she said, in her best raspy voice, chuckling to herself.
I spent most of the morning shivering under my covers, trying to get my body to break the fever and I gotta say, my kids were all-stars today. Milo took a long morning nap and Avery kept the other two entertained so I could sleep. After lunch, the two youngest went down for naps and Avery and Tucker played quietly while I read my book under my covers.
Tucker peeked his head into my room at one point and said, "Mom, you are sick and I want to come snuggle with you in your bed."
My heart melted but I've been trying to avoid getting too close to the kids to hopefully prevent them from getting sick too so I had to turn him down.
I felt a little better after supper and as I sat in the Lazy Boy, Tucker sat on the arm rest, rocking me in the chair.
"Mom." he said, touching my hair. "You are so beautiful. I love your haircut."
He went on.
"When I be a grown-up, you should give me some more hair so I can be a nice mommy like you. And I want to be a nurse like you. And an engineer. But Mom, don't ever buy Tootie Frooties ever again."
He sat up a little straighter then and told me he was still hungry. I reminded him that he just ate supper and that it was in his belly.
"No, it didn't go to my belly. It went to my feet and my belly is still hungry."
Nice try there, bud.
I could sit and visit with him all day. I forget how much fun three year old's are.
Comments
Post a Comment