In one short year, my baby has gone from this
to this. From a scrawny, cuddly little newborn to a fat and chunky ball of love.
We had a lovely birthday celebration for him, well, mostly for the other kids as he doesn't know the difference. I took a lot of video, hoping to compile them all into a lovely little clip, but my video editing software is beyond naughty today and is not allowing me to do anything. So you'll just have to use your imagination.
I lit the candle on his piece of cake and he immediately reached for the flame. I freaked out and grabbed his arm and he got scared. My oldest two wouldn't go near the candle but these latest two models had no issue whatsoever and are not afraid of anything.
He loves anything that he can push around the house, so I got him a set of four squishy cars that make noise when you push them. Sounded like a good idea but after ten minutes of four kids pushing four cars, I regretted the decision. After the other kids got tired of the cars, he kept on pushing his, back and forth, back and forth, from one end of the house to the other. He didn't stop for anything. Anything that was in his way, he took it out and kept on going. That's my Milo.
The next morning, I brought Tucker to preschool screening. He was so excited to go and trotted into that school like he owned it. I became sort of teary-eyed as he sailed through all the tests, as it wasn't so long ago when he seemed way behind. Ever since his tonsil surgery, he is a whole new kid.
At one point, the screener asked him to knock on the table twice and showed him how to do it. He looked up at her and said, "I can't do that." She asked him again to do it. I heard him mutter, "You can't bam on the table." He scored a zero for that one.

Comments
Post a Comment