A few days before Christmas, I stopped in at Goodwill and saw that all of their Christmas stuff was 50% off. I've always wanted a nativity set and this particular one was only $4.99. Take 50% off of that and I just scored me a nativity set for a few bucks.
It didn't take very long for the kids to start monkeying with it. I didn't have anywhere else to put it besides on one of the end tables so it's a no brainer that it didn't last very long. By Christmas Day, Joseph and two of the wise men had lost their heads, Mary had lost one of her hands and all of the animals had lost their ears. The only ones left intact were the baby Jesus and one of the wise men.
The set got thrown out with the rest of the garbage left over from Christmas. Maybe next year I'll have to just buy the Little People one.

Comments
Post a Comment