I brought Milo to Ridgedale for his one year pictures on Tuesday and as a reward for being such a nice boy, I took Tucker along with me. It was a fun little outing, just me and my boys. Chet stayed home with the girls, ripping apart the second room upstairs.
I scheduled the appointment for 1pm, keeping in mind Milo's nap schedule. He usually naps from 9:30am to 11:30am, then again from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
But not on Tuesday.
I put him down for his morning nap and he cried and cried and cried and cried. I pulled him out and tried again. Nothing. Cried and cried and cried.
My only hope was that he would fall asleep on the ride to Ridgedale.
I promised a fun lunch somewhere and Tucker chose McDonald's. Blech. As we pulled into the drive-thru, he made his requests very clear.
"I want chicken maggots! And a cheeseburger! And a hamburger! But really chicken maggots! And fench fies! Get me fench fies with my chicken maggots! And apples! And juice with a swaw! With my chicken maggots!" he yelled.
I pulled up to the window and ordered a chicken nugget Happy Meal.
"And a cheeseburger!" Tucker yelled. "And fench fies!"
He got fench fies but no cheeseburger.
He munched on his feast as we drove and I kept asking him for a status on Milo.
"What's Milo doing?" I asked him as we drove out of Buffalo.
"Just looking at me." Tucker said.
"What's Milo doing now?" I asked as we drove through Rockford.
"Just looking at me and then out the window." Tucker said.
Seriously. The chances of him cooperating for his picture are now zero to none.
As I drove through Medina, Tucker announced from his seat, "He's sleeping now!"
I calculated that he would get about a 15 minute nap. Perfect for waking up even crabbier than he was when he went to bed. Why, oh, why did he have to boycott his nap today?
Needless to say, he didn't cooperate for pictures. Surprisingly, he didn't cry, instead he stared. He stared at Tucker and me and the photographer as we jumped around and waved toys and said funny things in high-pitched voices. We made complete fools of ourselves and he just stared at us like we were idiots.
And then he cracked a smile once and went back to staring. So we have one picture. And of course it was with the background I wasn't super fond of, but big deal. Everything will be out of style in 20 years and no matter what background it was, I'll wonder why I chose something so ugly.
I scheduled the appointment for 1pm, keeping in mind Milo's nap schedule. He usually naps from 9:30am to 11:30am, then again from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
But not on Tuesday.
I put him down for his morning nap and he cried and cried and cried and cried. I pulled him out and tried again. Nothing. Cried and cried and cried.
My only hope was that he would fall asleep on the ride to Ridgedale.
I promised a fun lunch somewhere and Tucker chose McDonald's. Blech. As we pulled into the drive-thru, he made his requests very clear.
"I want chicken maggots! And a cheeseburger! And a hamburger! But really chicken maggots! And fench fies! Get me fench fies with my chicken maggots! And apples! And juice with a swaw! With my chicken maggots!" he yelled.
I pulled up to the window and ordered a chicken nugget Happy Meal.
"And a cheeseburger!" Tucker yelled. "And fench fies!"
He got fench fies but no cheeseburger.
He munched on his feast as we drove and I kept asking him for a status on Milo.
"What's Milo doing?" I asked him as we drove out of Buffalo.
"Just looking at me." Tucker said.
"What's Milo doing now?" I asked as we drove through Rockford.
"Just looking at me and then out the window." Tucker said.
Seriously. The chances of him cooperating for his picture are now zero to none.
As I drove through Medina, Tucker announced from his seat, "He's sleeping now!"
I calculated that he would get about a 15 minute nap. Perfect for waking up even crabbier than he was when he went to bed. Why, oh, why did he have to boycott his nap today?
Needless to say, he didn't cooperate for pictures. Surprisingly, he didn't cry, instead he stared. He stared at Tucker and me and the photographer as we jumped around and waved toys and said funny things in high-pitched voices. We made complete fools of ourselves and he just stared at us like we were idiots.
And then he cracked a smile once and went back to staring. So we have one picture. And of course it was with the background I wasn't super fond of, but big deal. Everything will be out of style in 20 years and no matter what background it was, I'll wonder why I chose something so ugly.
Comments
Post a Comment