I love this time of year, except for the part that time goes by too quickly. I'm always asking Chet to slow down the time but he can't figure out how to do it.
Christmas was absolutely lovely, as always, and I didn't take a single picture. We did capture some of the gift opening on video but they're on Chet's phone and he's out roaming the woods looking for coyotes. My video camera broke on Christmas morning. Go figure.
Chet's birthday is on Christmas Eve and I always feel bad that we're too busy that day to stop and celebrate. He didn't seem to mind this year; he was able to go coyote hunting in the morning and flying with his brother Tyler in the afternoon.
With all the joys this time of year brings also comes all the sickness. We've been lucky so far that the kids haven't been hit by the stomach flu, but I have seem to come across every kind of bug. It probably doesn't help that I'm exposed to it all at work. I just got over a week long stomach bug and was lucky enough to come across a chest cold yesterday. As I type, I'm bundled up in long johns, sweat pants and my fuzzy robe in this 75 degree house and I still can't stay warm. I've been absolutely wiped out and it's been lovely to have Chet home during the day to do my grocery shopping and cleaning. Avery has made me get well cards and get well signs and pats my back whenever she sees me.
The kids are keeping busy with their Christmas presents. I don't think Tucker has left his new train set for more than ten minutes at a time. He eats, then scurries back up the stairs to play again until the next meal. Piper has been busy typing away on her new play smartphone and Avery has been carrying around her dolls Maria and Ariel everywhere she goes.
We have one last Christmas party tonight with my family and then it's a happy new year.
Comments
Post a Comment