Skip to main content

Easter 2013

 Easter Sunday started out too early, with the kids up at the crack of dawn to find out what the Easter Bunny brought.  Later in the day, I made a comment about being tired from getting up so early and Avery replied, "That's because we were up early to find our Easter baskets.  We were very eager to find out what was in them."

I guess so.

As Chet put his shoes on to go start the van on this blustery, cold morning, Milo threw a royal fit because Daddy putting his shoes on equals Daddy is going outside and therefore never returning because that has happened never.  My camera was not cooperating and I didn't bother taking a non-blurry one because I had planned on getting pictures of all of the kids after church, all dressed up in their duds.  Little did I know this would be the only one I got of Milo before his outfit was destroyed.


As we were singing the opening song, I had my head turned towards Chet's songbook and he kept nudging me.  I looked towards the kids and didn't see anything unusual so I turned back and kept singing.  He nudged me again.  Had I counted the kids the first time, I would have noticed one was missing.  Milo had made a stealth maneuver and had escaped underneath the bench and since we were sitting in the back, he was now free, making his way towards the entryway.  I got up and chased after him and he turned around and stopped, looking at me, like, "Watcha gonna do about it, Mom?"  He turned back around and kept walking away, pleased as ever.

I caught him and brought him back into church.  The opening prayer started and as he attempted to maneuver off of the bench back to the floor, he slipped on the newsletter that was laying on the bench.  I caught him halfway through his fall but he started bawling.  I scooped him up and handed him off to Chet to take out until he stopped crying.

Church went on and Chet never returned. I had thought of checking to see if he had texted me but never got around to it and figured that if something was wrong, he would have sent someone in to get me.

Well, apparently, the fall had caused some major bleeding and Chet was in the back trying to get it to stop.  As church came to a close, I finally decided to check my phone and saw in horror a picture of a bleeding, crying Milo.  I packed up the kids as fast as I could and found Chet and Milo in the van, waiting for us.  Note to self:  check your phone if your husband is gone for a long time during church.  Note to husband:  if you can't get a hold of your wife during church, send someone into get her for you.


This was after he was cleaned up a little bit.  But his outfit was ruined.



I changed him into an ugly sweater and brought the kids outside for pictures.  It had warmed up some but Milo was less than impressed.  I would be too, having to wear such an ugly outfit.




Piper proudly posed in her outfit she received from Auntie Megan and Uncle Norm at Christmas.   This is the only one I got with her eyes open.  She is a believer in the theory that in order to smile pretty, one must squinch their eyes shut.

 Avery, Avery, Avery.  She had whined not too long ago that she did not, in fact, want a used dress from a used clothing store for Easter and that, in fact, she wanted a new one.  After her mother ignored her pleas, Great Auntie Selma came to the rescue and sent a brand new dress for Little Miss Avery to wear for Easter.  What a great Auntie she is!  When the package came in the mail, Avery gasped and shrieked and asked when we were going to go visit Great Auntie Selma as she sent the most beeeaaauuutttiiiful dress!  Thank you, Selma!  You are too kind.


Now, poor Tucker was left in a bawling heap on Easter morning as he didn't have an Easter outfit.  He did, but it just wasn't brand new and beautiful.  It was something he had worn before.  That's what happens when you are sandwiched between girls, I guess; those kinds of things start to matter.  After we convinced him that his outfit was, in fact, an Easter outfit, he was fine with it but refused to go outside for individual pictures because it was too cold.

Later in the day, he changed into a monkey t-shirt, telling Avery proudly that it was his Easter shirt as well, as it was a shirt and he was wearing it on Easter.  She started to argue with him but I zipped her lips, not wanting another bawling heap of a four year old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Manly, Chet

It's hard to find the time to blog these days.  I figure once life slows down a bit, I'll start taking more pictures and adding more posts.  But to those I tell that too, they ROFL.  Life doesn't slow down. Chet and I try to squeeze in as many dates as we can, as we hardly even see each other during the week.  Our date on Monday evening started out deciding on a place to eat.  I have to comply with my Weight Watcher's points and Chet is trying to put on weight. So you tell me.  Where do we eat? We ended up getting a Jimmy John's for me (I could eat half) and an Arby's meal for Chet. We were off in search of summer clothes for Chet as his previous summer wardrobe has consisted of clothes he wore to confirmation camp.  In other words, old and out of style.  As I browsed the racks at the store, I noticed something.  Had we just held onto his confo clothes, they would be in style again. His doc warned him that if he didn't start wearing a...

Morning Glory

Our new morning routine consists of everyone waking up at 7:30am, me and Avery showering, everyone dressed and out the door by 8:30am.  It's a great excuse not to workout; there's just no time.  Darn.  I pile everyone in the stroller and we make our one block trek to Avery's school.  Yesterday, I walked her up to the school doors and let her walk in by herself.  I watched her walk with confidence down the hallway until she was out of sight, her empty backpack bouncing around on her back.  This morning, I walked her to the corner and let her cross the street by herself, with the help of the crossing guards of course, and watched her disappear into the crowd of kids who were getting off of the bus.   The teacher who was monitoring the crossing smiled at me and said, "She's so little."   Tell me about it, lady.  She's too little.  I found this pic as I was rifling through my camera.  I always chuckle at Piper's teet...

They'll never forget

Chet was invited to participate in a September 11 program at the high school yesterday, along with all the Buffalo firefighters, police officers and reserves. I didn't work so I thought I'd come along with the kids and cheer them on. I dropped Chet off at the doors. The kids and I sneaked in as the honor guard was marching and hollering and we found ourselves a seat in the back, next to the exit in case anyone had a meltdown. The auditorium was about half full, with most guests being middle aged. The only children that were there were all older than five and knew how to sit still for an hour without making a peep. Let me tell you, this room was silent. As the opening prayer was starting, my kids were starting to get restless. "Mom, who is that guy?" "Shhhh!" "Bow-wow!"   Tucker roofed . "Tucker! Shhh!"  I hissed. "SCREAM!"  Piper had to put her two cents in. "Bow-wow! Bow wow!"   Tucker said...