I love watching Milo zip
around now like a big boy, joining in his older siblings' play and silly
antics. They race their cars around the house and he's right behind them.
They break out into a version of the ABC's and he mumbles along until
they hit "G", "P", "V" and "Z".
Other than his constant drool and his diaper sticking out of the back of
his pants, you'd think he was one of the gang.
And he gives the best
hugs. He comes out of nowhere, running at high speed, arms outstretched
and crashes into his unsuspecting victim, wrapping his arms around their
shoulders, head, legs, stomach, whatever he can reach. He and Piper have
gone down a few times in a heap due to his dangerous hugs.
Yesterday morning, I watched the kids play so nicely together and once I pulled my phone out to take a video, the playing stopped and the whining began. Milo had spotted the Kindle on top of the couch and decided that he wanted it.
He tried so hard to get up there to get it and kept failing. He then begged Tucker to help him up and Tucker tried but he was just too heavy. I had to put down my phone and help him instead of snapping pictures because his cries were just too sad and he was trying so hard for so long.
Then he sat on the lock screen for a few minutes and tried to figure out how to unlock it. This kept him entertained so we didn't help him.
Our little potty princess has turned into a potty princess, indeed, and is finally getting the hang of potty training. I forget how fun the almost 3 year old stage can be, when they sit and yak your ear off, telling you all about everything they've ever seen in their life and naming off everyone they love. Although, she still throws temper tantrums and I'm not sure she will ever outgrow that.
It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend and we are beyond ready for that. I pulled everyone's summer clothes, hesitantly, out of storage but I will not put away anything winter related because it will likely snow in May, June, July and August.


Comments
Post a Comment