I'm pretty confident that summer has been cancelled this year. It'll keep on raining and snowing all the way through the months that are usually summer and right into next winter again.
The kids are confused as to what "spring" is. In their books and Starfall games and conversations with people who have been through spring in seasons past, they learned of melting snow, green grass, birds chirping, blue skies and a time to finally play outside and breathe in fresh air.
As I ran up the sidewalk the other day, getting blinded by the freezing drizzle that was coming down, I heard some birds trying to chirp up in the trees, but their song just wasn't as merry as it should be. I'm sure they are just as confused as we are. If you keep track (and I do), we have been in winter for six months. SIX MONTHS. That's half a year.
The forecast for this week: Today, windy with flurries. Tuesday, partly to mostly cloudy and 42. (heat wave!) Wednesday, rain and snow showers. Thursday, snow showers. Friday, mainly cloudy skies.
I promise that I will never, never, never, never complain about a summer being too hot for as long as I live.

Comments
Post a Comment