Oh, what another glorious spring day here in Minnesota. 10 inches of wet, heavy snow blanket the ground and school is cancelled once again. I had to look through folders of springs past to remind myself what it used to look like.
And I found a lot of these. And started researching our next cruise. And then stopped when I realized it will be at least five years before we go again. And then started again because five years flies by, doesn't it?
It was strange practicing a tornado drill yesterday at work when the wind was howling outside and the trees were bending with heavy snow.
Ok, I'll quit whining. At least the snow is pretty, right?
We made the most of our snow day. Chet made pancakes for breakfast and the kids and I played a revised version of Phase 10, simple enough for our Potty Princess Piper to play. Milo wanted to join in but sitting in the middle of the circle and he bent all the cards. Tucker kept winning and Avery kept on a good game face, but it was somewhat obvious that she was upset.
"Tucker keeps taking all the luck out of me!" she said, trying to smile.
Since her snow pants and boots are at Grandma's house, she couldn't go outside and help Chet shovel. Tucker got the job and this caused Piper and Milo to start bawling. They wanted to go too, but I'm not sure they understood that Tucker was going to do manual labor. In other words, it wasn't anything to throw a fit over. But did they throw a fit and I ended up locking myself in the bathroom so I could listen to a voice mail on my phone.
Chet mentioned going to Walmart and Avery asked if she could go, since Tucker got to go shoveling with him. He told her no and she collapsed.
"No one loves me!" she wailed, stomping up to her room. "Tucker keeps taking all the luck out of me!"
Sigh.

Comments
Post a Comment