So, as I was saying, I thought it would be a good idea to try putting Milo to sleep for the night up in Piper's crib and giving Piper a shot at trying out the toddler bed. After all, she is two and my other kids had graduated to the toddler bed by that age, so this was a perfect opportunity, with Avery gone and all.
I tucked all three into their beds and gave Piper her comforts of home; her Pillow-Pet from great auntie Selma, her blanket and her creepy-looking baby doll. (The dolls eyes open and shut and her face moves but the batteries died and the eyes are now stuck half open.)
I hadn't even gotten to the bottom of the stairs before I heard someone monkeying with the air conditioning unit. Beep, beep, beep-beep. It was Piper, giggling with her new-found freedom. I stuck her back in bed and went downstairs.
Chet was working on his resume and cover letter (still!) and I hopped up on the bed to check out the situation. It wasn't long before Piper came downstairs and into the living room. Without saying a word, I brought her back up and put her in the bed.
I think I did this about seven times.
Then all was quiet. I did it! She stayed in bed and now all three are quiet and sleeping!
I tip-toed through the kitchen and turned the corner into the dining room. I noticed about ten Cheerios on the dining room floor, which I found strange, being that I just vacuumed about an hour ago. I followed the trail of Cheerios to the stairs, and noticed something peculiar. The kids' bedroom light was on. That's funny. Who sleeps with their light on?
I crept up the stairs and the smell of Cheerios was overwhelming. I almost fainted when I saw what was happening.
Tucker was playing with his trains on the floor, next to Milo's crib. Piper was lounging in the chair with a handful of Cheerios, eating them one by one. And little Milo was sitting up in his crib in a sea of Cheerios. And what happened to his sheets?
So I get it. Mom and Dad are busy working on something important and Milo's probably fussing because he has already finished his bottle, so let's all get out of bed, give Milo something to eat so he stops crying and let's play. And while we have a whole box of Cheerios up here, let's help ourselves to a little midnight snack. Makes more sense than actually going to sleep.
Resourceful children.
The Cheerio mess was cleaned up and it wasn't long after I turned out the light that the boys went to sleep. Piper came back downstairs, looking around and climbing on the couch to read a book. I brought her back to bed, then shut off every light in the house and pretended that we were sleeping.
We went out of the room to get ready for bed and found Piper, sleeping in the living room in a semi-upright position.
She was carried to her bed and kissed good night. Surely she would get a good night's sleep now, as it was about 11pm, 3 hours after bedtime was first attempted.
At 5:15am, guess who came into our room to say good morning?
Looks like second crib is in order for Milo. Piper does not get a toddler bed anytime soon and probably won't until she is 13, but Milo slept all night! 11 hours straight.
I tucked all three into their beds and gave Piper her comforts of home; her Pillow-Pet from great auntie Selma, her blanket and her creepy-looking baby doll. (The dolls eyes open and shut and her face moves but the batteries died and the eyes are now stuck half open.)
I hadn't even gotten to the bottom of the stairs before I heard someone monkeying with the air conditioning unit. Beep, beep, beep-beep. It was Piper, giggling with her new-found freedom. I stuck her back in bed and went downstairs.
Chet was working on his resume and cover letter (still!) and I hopped up on the bed to check out the situation. It wasn't long before Piper came downstairs and into the living room. Without saying a word, I brought her back up and put her in the bed.
I think I did this about seven times.
Then all was quiet. I did it! She stayed in bed and now all three are quiet and sleeping!
I tip-toed through the kitchen and turned the corner into the dining room. I noticed about ten Cheerios on the dining room floor, which I found strange, being that I just vacuumed about an hour ago. I followed the trail of Cheerios to the stairs, and noticed something peculiar. The kids' bedroom light was on. That's funny. Who sleeps with their light on?
I crept up the stairs and the smell of Cheerios was overwhelming. I almost fainted when I saw what was happening.
Tucker was playing with his trains on the floor, next to Milo's crib. Piper was lounging in the chair with a handful of Cheerios, eating them one by one. And little Milo was sitting up in his crib in a sea of Cheerios. And what happened to his sheets?
So I get it. Mom and Dad are busy working on something important and Milo's probably fussing because he has already finished his bottle, so let's all get out of bed, give Milo something to eat so he stops crying and let's play. And while we have a whole box of Cheerios up here, let's help ourselves to a little midnight snack. Makes more sense than actually going to sleep.
Resourceful children.
The Cheerio mess was cleaned up and it wasn't long after I turned out the light that the boys went to sleep. Piper came back downstairs, looking around and climbing on the couch to read a book. I brought her back to bed, then shut off every light in the house and pretended that we were sleeping.
We went out of the room to get ready for bed and found Piper, sleeping in the living room in a semi-upright position.
She was carried to her bed and kissed good night. Surely she would get a good night's sleep now, as it was about 11pm, 3 hours after bedtime was first attempted.
At 5:15am, guess who came into our room to say good morning?
Looks like second crib is in order for Milo. Piper does not get a toddler bed anytime soon and probably won't until she is 13, but Milo slept all night! 11 hours straight.


Comments
Post a Comment