I know, I know, I've been slacking on blogging. But I've been a busy little bee, as you can clearly see.
I didn't take a whole ton of pictures at the wedding and I have none of the happy couple, but I'll post what I do have.
| Megan & Adam with the Niemela family except for Katie, who didn't make it from Seattle. |
| With spouses that made it. Some of us thought something was funny. Others, clearly, did not. |
| My sisters, except for Katie, and Mom. |
![]() |
| Getting my husband to cooperate in a photo session is like getting a fish to fly. |
Our original plan was to leave 75% of the kids behind with a babysitter. Last minute, we could only send 25% of them to the sitter. Milo came down with a fever and pink eye and Tucker refused to get out of the van when Chet went to drop him off. So only Princess Petunia was left behind. Avery wore her pink flower girl dress from Katie's wedding even though she wasn't a flower girl this time and much to her dismay, no one gasped when she walked down the aisle. As we were lining up to walk to the front of the church, she asked me if she could walk like a flower girl anyway.
She left sometime during the ceremony to go potty and came back in a timely fashion, unlike Katie's wedding, where three of the flower girls left to go potty and didn't come back. Someone found them playing ring around the rosie in the narthex. After the wedding, as we were walking back up the aisle, she started shouting, "Mom! Mom! Can I have one of those cake things that look like a popsicle?" The cake pops were a hit.
But the cake pops went though a lot of trials before they were presentable.
Carrie and Mike spent most of Friday making those doggone cake pops. While Mike rolled the cake and frosting into little balls, Carrie set up stations for us to dip them into the candy coating. It was too hot in the kitchen and the candy coating wasn't setting, causing the cake pops to look like cake slops. I suggested we start dipping them in the refrigerator.
But the light was burnt out.
But Heather had a headlamp hanging around in her diaper bag, of all things.
But the batteries were dead.
But I had a 12 pack of AA batteries sitting in my purse!
Carrie and two of my nieces stood huddled, shivering in the walk-in refrigerator, dipping some 400 cake pops, under the light of one headlamp.
So if you enjoyed a cake pop at the wedding, I hope you appreciated it. Smile face.

Comments
Post a Comment