I can't keep the days straight anymore as one day seems to roll into the next. I'm on day 7 of 8 in a row of working and I think I'm going insane.
On Friday, I think, I got a text that Milo was running another temp. He broke out in another rash as well and following doctor's orders, I left work and brought him into ER. I hesitated to bring him in to Buffalo ER as I haven't had very good experience there before, but it was late and I wasn't super keen on driving down to Children's on a Friday night.
He was called back almost immediately and within 20 minutes, the doctor walked in. I thought it was a joke. I wanted to triple check his name tag, just to make sure he wasn't the maintenance man or something. We were sent home within an hour of arriving. I told the nurse that it must be a slow night. She shook her head and said that no, they were very busy. I would have never known. They must have done some major improvements over the years.
Anyways, the doctor said he was 98% sure it was just a virus but he wasn't ruling out measles. There has been an outbreak where we live, he said, and it's possible that's what it is. Milo's too young for his MMR; they usually do that at 12 months. He couldn't do any testing, as the rash had just broken out, and he said to come back on Monday to the clinic for bloodwork. I asked him about the other doctor's diagnosis of roseola and the fact that it's not supposed to come back. He gave me two explanations. It could still be roseola, and it's a weakened strain that sat dormant in his body for a few days, then reoccured. Or it could be a virus similar to roseola that is presenting itself similar to it. Either way, whether it be roseola, measles or something else, there is no treatment and we would have to treat the symptoms. Milo had most of the symptoms of measles, such as fever, rash, conjunctivitis, irritability, and some white spots in his mouth.
I kept him home on Saturday and his rash was starting to become somewhat raised, but he was back to his normal self, crawling around (did I mention he's crawling now?) and getting into everything. On Sunday morning, poof. Like magic. Everything was gone. No rash, no fever, still irritable but that's just how Milo is.
I called his doctor Monday morning. Doc said if he truly had measles, he would still be really sick and I would know. He declined to do a measles test and said to bring him back in only if his symptoms came back.
Today, he is just as cute as ever, crawling everywhere and trying to get up the little step into the kitchen but failing miserably.
Piper, on the other hand, is at my feet, lying on her back, kicking her legs and flailing her arms, screaming and crying for some more juice. I've told her no, but apparently she doesn't take no for an answer.
On Friday, I think, I got a text that Milo was running another temp. He broke out in another rash as well and following doctor's orders, I left work and brought him into ER. I hesitated to bring him in to Buffalo ER as I haven't had very good experience there before, but it was late and I wasn't super keen on driving down to Children's on a Friday night.
He was called back almost immediately and within 20 minutes, the doctor walked in. I thought it was a joke. I wanted to triple check his name tag, just to make sure he wasn't the maintenance man or something. We were sent home within an hour of arriving. I told the nurse that it must be a slow night. She shook her head and said that no, they were very busy. I would have never known. They must have done some major improvements over the years.
Anyways, the doctor said he was 98% sure it was just a virus but he wasn't ruling out measles. There has been an outbreak where we live, he said, and it's possible that's what it is. Milo's too young for his MMR; they usually do that at 12 months. He couldn't do any testing, as the rash had just broken out, and he said to come back on Monday to the clinic for bloodwork. I asked him about the other doctor's diagnosis of roseola and the fact that it's not supposed to come back. He gave me two explanations. It could still be roseola, and it's a weakened strain that sat dormant in his body for a few days, then reoccured. Or it could be a virus similar to roseola that is presenting itself similar to it. Either way, whether it be roseola, measles or something else, there is no treatment and we would have to treat the symptoms. Milo had most of the symptoms of measles, such as fever, rash, conjunctivitis, irritability, and some white spots in his mouth.
I kept him home on Saturday and his rash was starting to become somewhat raised, but he was back to his normal self, crawling around (did I mention he's crawling now?) and getting into everything. On Sunday morning, poof. Like magic. Everything was gone. No rash, no fever, still irritable but that's just how Milo is.
I called his doctor Monday morning. Doc said if he truly had measles, he would still be really sick and I would know. He declined to do a measles test and said to bring him back in only if his symptoms came back.
Today, he is just as cute as ever, crawling everywhere and trying to get up the little step into the kitchen but failing miserably.
Piper, on the other hand, is at my feet, lying on her back, kicking her legs and flailing her arms, screaming and crying for some more juice. I've told her no, but apparently she doesn't take no for an answer.
Comments
Post a Comment