I had grand plans one night to have a little picnic with Chet up on the roof, under the stars, but I got up to the second to last rung on the ladder and panicked. I don't like ladders and I don't like heights.
I opened my purse the other day and noticed that my camera was turned on. Then I looked through my pictures and found this particular one. I know I'm not a great photographer, but I don't think I took this one. The feet look too large for Avery or Tucker and last I checked, Milo can't operate a camera.
Speaking of Milo, he ran a temperature on Saturday during the wedding. I noticed some red spots on his tummy that day and Sunday, but Monday morning when he woke up, they were everywhere. As the day went on, the spots got more red and spread to all areas of his little body. I brought him in, just to be sure, and the doc said it's a virus called roseola. Usually, with roseola, the baby will run a really high fever (104 or so) for a few days, then a rash will appear for a few days. I remember writing a paper about it in nursing school, but Milo's temp only lasted about 8 hours and didn't seem like it was that high, although I never got a chance to take it. The doc said some of the newer strains are weaker, which is good. He's not contagious anymore; they're only contagious when they're fevering. But poor thing looks like an acne-scarred teen.
But he is cute. He doesn't look like the other kids and every time he smiles at me, I giggle because he looks like a little old man.
We don't have central air, and probably never will, and we have survived the last 5 summers with AC window units. They're better than nothing, but the one in our bedroom is loud. So loud that I can't hear the kids upstairs during the night. Most nights, I keep it off and sweat it out just because it drives me crazy. Last night was particularly warm, so I had no choice but to keep it on.
Good thing for Avery, who came downstairs at 2am to tell me that Piper was bawling and bawling and wouldn't lay back down.
Piper, the bedding and the crib were covered in vomit. I picked her up and also became covered in vomit. We both bathed and I got her settled onto the couch. She cried for quite some time and wanted something to drink. Her crying woke up Milo, who decided he could use a 3am feeding. I think I crawled back into bed around 4am.
Piper's zipping around here this morning, acting like nothing's wrong, but I'm waiting for the next kid to get it.
There's something going around, all my kids had it last week. Good luck!
ReplyDelete