I went in for an MRI last night, which I needed to get in order to see a neurologist about these headaches. I've been having them for about 8 months and my MD has always believed they were thyroid related. Now that my thyroid is normal and my headaches are persisting, she referred me to see a neurologist in October.
I get a stabbing pain behind my right eye that extends up my forehead into what I assume is my brain (can't think of what else could be located there), then through my temple, back to my right ear. I get a vision block in my right peripheral on that side and it's like someone is standing next to me. I'm always doing double takes.
Over the last 8 months, I've tried to pinpoint my triggers. I've discovered that it's not sleep, food, drink, exercise, mood, hormones, husband, caffeine or work that triggers them. My doc thinks they're atypical migraines but she can't treat me anymore.
Anyway, I got a disc of my MRI images to take with me, so of course I popped it into my computer when I got home last night. I have no idea what my brain is supposed to look like, or if it looks normal or not but it was awesome to see it, anyway. And it's confirmed, I have a brain! It's not just an empty space. I immediately showed Chet the proof that a brain does, in fact, exist in this head.
I was just drifting off to sleep last night when I heard Piper crying upstairs. She was running a temp again so I brought her down to sleep in the living room. It took her a while to settle; for some reason Tylenol and Motrin make her hyper.
Around 4am, I heard something at my bedside, but thought I was dreaming. Something didn't feel right and I opened my eyes. Avery was perched there, her chin resting on my bed like a puppy and she was staring at me. I sat up, startled.
"What?" I asked.
"I feel sick." she said.
I got her settled on the couch and crawled back into bed.
Chet's alarm went off at some unearthly hour and his rummaging around the kitchen woke up Piper and Avery.
As I slothed around the house getting them breakfast, I asked Avery if she was sick.
"No." she said. "I don't believe so."
"So you can go to school?" I asked.
"Of course!" she said, smiling and gobbled down her breakfast.
A few hours later, I got a call from the school nurse that she was having stomach flu symptoms. Fantastic.
I packed up the kids and we walked to pick her up. And she can't go to school tomorrow either.
She's nestled on the Lazy-Boy, reading a book and Piper's looking rather pale, but insists on watching Tucker play Starfall.
And Tucker, for once in his three point five years of life, isn't sick! (knock on wood) Since his tonsil surgery, he has been mostly fever free! He did have one small fever a few months ago, and all the other kids got it too, so that doesn't count.
I get a stabbing pain behind my right eye that extends up my forehead into what I assume is my brain (can't think of what else could be located there), then through my temple, back to my right ear. I get a vision block in my right peripheral on that side and it's like someone is standing next to me. I'm always doing double takes.
Over the last 8 months, I've tried to pinpoint my triggers. I've discovered that it's not sleep, food, drink, exercise, mood, hormones, husband, caffeine or work that triggers them. My doc thinks they're atypical migraines but she can't treat me anymore.
Anyway, I got a disc of my MRI images to take with me, so of course I popped it into my computer when I got home last night. I have no idea what my brain is supposed to look like, or if it looks normal or not but it was awesome to see it, anyway. And it's confirmed, I have a brain! It's not just an empty space. I immediately showed Chet the proof that a brain does, in fact, exist in this head.
I was just drifting off to sleep last night when I heard Piper crying upstairs. She was running a temp again so I brought her down to sleep in the living room. It took her a while to settle; for some reason Tylenol and Motrin make her hyper.
Around 4am, I heard something at my bedside, but thought I was dreaming. Something didn't feel right and I opened my eyes. Avery was perched there, her chin resting on my bed like a puppy and she was staring at me. I sat up, startled.
"What?" I asked.
"I feel sick." she said.
I got her settled on the couch and crawled back into bed.
Chet's alarm went off at some unearthly hour and his rummaging around the kitchen woke up Piper and Avery.
As I slothed around the house getting them breakfast, I asked Avery if she was sick.
"No." she said. "I don't believe so."
"So you can go to school?" I asked.
"Of course!" she said, smiling and gobbled down her breakfast.
A few hours later, I got a call from the school nurse that she was having stomach flu symptoms. Fantastic.
I packed up the kids and we walked to pick her up. And she can't go to school tomorrow either.
She's nestled on the Lazy-Boy, reading a book and Piper's looking rather pale, but insists on watching Tucker play Starfall.
And Tucker, for once in his three point five years of life, isn't sick! (knock on wood) Since his tonsil surgery, he has been mostly fever free! He did have one small fever a few months ago, and all the other kids got it too, so that doesn't count.
Comments
Post a Comment