On Sunday morning, Piper woke up and spent her entire morning bawling. I was battling day four of a five day headache and had no patience whatsoever for the constant meltdowns she has having. I ended up sending Chet to church without me to drop Avery off at Sunday School.
Turns out, this petunia had a fever of 102.8, which is why she kept melting down.
Chet came back home after Sunday School and we listened to online services in the living room. Piper fell asleep on the Lazy-Boy. Avery whimpered and whined throughout the sermon that her parents never let her eat and she's going to starve to death and she can't believe her parents haven't made her lunch yet.
I remember that feeling as a kid, getting home from church and being absolutely starving and waiting and waiting for lunch to start.
It was even worse when I'd go to a friend's house and they were having something that I, gasp, didn't like! And especially when their mom or dad wouldn't let me leave the table until my plate was clean.
Chet's back to work today and I was feeling so spoiled having him home with us last week.
A few months ago, I went through all the toys and put every toy that wasn't a train or a Little People into bags to put in the basement. The kids have so many toys, they never play with them all and I was tired of wading through piles of toys just to get to their beds.
Chet brought them up yesterday and the kids are acting like it's Christmas.
"Look what I found! A cop car!"
"Oh, WOW! Mom and Dad, you are the bestest!"
"A camera?!"
"I found my kitty! My poor kitty!"
Piper's been walking around the house this morning, using the play but still real digital camera to take pictures of everything. Milo's boogers, the garbage can, Tucker on the pot, Tucker pulling up his pants after being on the pot, you name it. I've been caught off guard a few times myself, coming around a corner to a camera aimed at my knees and a demanding two year old yelling, "Cheese!" There are now 257 pictures on the camera. I'll have to do some deleting here as soon as I can pry it out of her hands.
Tucker's been on his cell phone all morning talking to who knows who. "Wassup! Oh, not much. Ok, I'll ask Mom. Bye!"
And Milo's tucked in for his morning nap. He also doesn't like girl bibs.
We are going up north this weekend and I'm debating whether or not to leave him behind. He is so cute and chubby, that I don't know if I can go three days without him.
And with this cool weather, I may need him to keep me warm.




Comments
Post a Comment