Years ago when I just had Avery, I was studying something that I've since forgotten and she was playing nicely with her toys on the living room floor. All of a sudden, I heard a tremendous CRAAAACK, which sounded like a gun shot and a lightening strike all at once. I thought for sure we were being shot at and looked out my window to see my driveway and the alley full of cops. First thought was, I told you, we were being shot at! But then I saw them all looking up and pointing at the bundle of wires at the top of one of the telephone poles. A transformer had blown.
This morning, as we were trying our best to crawl out of bed, it happened again. CRAAAAAAACK! Even louder than the last time. The power went out. I looked out the window and saw the bundles on the top of the telephone pole on fire. Black smoke was coming off the top. Then it stopped. The fire went out and the power came back on.
Avery came downstairs into our room.
"Mom, someone shooted and the lights went out!" she said.
It wasn't long before the city trucks showed up and repaired the damage. I couldn't find my camera in this dump-heap of a house to take a picture of the three oldest in their jammies, staring out the window at the two guys in the buckets, monkeying with the wires.
Piper kept telling them, "Don't crash!"
Tucker couldn't stop saying, "Wow!" but then was concerned that he wasn't done with his breakfast and left to go eat it.
Avery was running around getting ready and informed me that a. she cries every day on the playground and b. her teacher feels sorry for her when she cries so c. she has no intention of changing her behavior.
Her poor teacher.
I walked her to school and watched her cross the street on the crosswalk. I kept looking over in her direction as she made her way into the school. She suddenly stopped walking and stood on the curb, waiting for a bus. As the kids piled off of the bus, she started waving. I watched a few little girls her size walk past her and she kept waving. A little blonde haired boy came off of the bus and walked over to her. I saw the two of them walk into school together. Yikes.
She told me when she got home that it was a boy who she is friends with and that she is friends with every boy in her class except for the naughty ones.
Tucker kept asking me all day if we can go somewhere tomowwow.
"Can we go to Wincoln's tomowwow?" he asked. "Is Wincoln's open or closed?"
"Probably open." I said. "But we won't have time tomorrow."
He muttered and sputtered something about how bor-wing everything is here and went off to play with his trains.
This morning, as we were trying our best to crawl out of bed, it happened again. CRAAAAAAACK! Even louder than the last time. The power went out. I looked out the window and saw the bundles on the top of the telephone pole on fire. Black smoke was coming off the top. Then it stopped. The fire went out and the power came back on.
Avery came downstairs into our room.
"Mom, someone shooted and the lights went out!" she said.
It wasn't long before the city trucks showed up and repaired the damage. I couldn't find my camera in this dump-heap of a house to take a picture of the three oldest in their jammies, staring out the window at the two guys in the buckets, monkeying with the wires.
Piper kept telling them, "Don't crash!"
Tucker couldn't stop saying, "Wow!" but then was concerned that he wasn't done with his breakfast and left to go eat it.
Avery was running around getting ready and informed me that a. she cries every day on the playground and b. her teacher feels sorry for her when she cries so c. she has no intention of changing her behavior.
Her poor teacher.
I walked her to school and watched her cross the street on the crosswalk. I kept looking over in her direction as she made her way into the school. She suddenly stopped walking and stood on the curb, waiting for a bus. As the kids piled off of the bus, she started waving. I watched a few little girls her size walk past her and she kept waving. A little blonde haired boy came off of the bus and walked over to her. I saw the two of them walk into school together. Yikes.
She told me when she got home that it was a boy who she is friends with and that she is friends with every boy in her class except for the naughty ones.
Tucker kept asking me all day if we can go somewhere tomowwow.
"Can we go to Wincoln's tomowwow?" he asked. "Is Wincoln's open or closed?"
"Probably open." I said. "But we won't have time tomorrow."
He muttered and sputtered something about how bor-wing everything is here and went off to play with his trains.
Comments
Post a Comment