"Who are you going to vote for, Mom?" Avery asked me a few weeks ago. "Orocka Mama or Nit Ronney?"
She's been watching the campaign signs on the sides of the road as we drive and has had many, many questions regarding politics. I've tried to keep my opinion to myself but there were ears in the cornfield as Chet and I have discussed politics, I've come to find out.
As she walked in the door from school the other day, she stopped and tossed her stuff on the floor, slumping her shoulders.
She wrinkled her nose.
"Guess what?" she said. "Bode's mom is voting for Barack Obama."
"So?" I asked. "What's wrong with that?"
She shrugged and picked up her stuff and put it away.
"Does he believe in God?" she asked.
"I think so." I said. "At least he says he does."
"Ok." she said. "That's fine then."
As I stood at the voting booth today filling out my ballot, I had a sudden urge to jump up and down and start whooping. I restrained myself but as I stuck my ballot in the ballot box, I got a few butterflies in my stomach. We are so blessed to live in a country where we can freely vote and it really does feel good to do so.
We are also blessed that no matter the outcome of this election, we will always have God to protect and guide us.
She's been watching the campaign signs on the sides of the road as we drive and has had many, many questions regarding politics. I've tried to keep my opinion to myself but there were ears in the cornfield as Chet and I have discussed politics, I've come to find out.
As she walked in the door from school the other day, she stopped and tossed her stuff on the floor, slumping her shoulders.
She wrinkled her nose.
"Guess what?" she said. "Bode's mom is voting for Barack Obama."
"So?" I asked. "What's wrong with that?"
She shrugged and picked up her stuff and put it away.
"Does he believe in God?" she asked.
"I think so." I said. "At least he says he does."
"Ok." she said. "That's fine then."
As I stood at the voting booth today filling out my ballot, I had a sudden urge to jump up and down and start whooping. I restrained myself but as I stuck my ballot in the ballot box, I got a few butterflies in my stomach. We are so blessed to live in a country where we can freely vote and it really does feel good to do so.
We are also blessed that no matter the outcome of this election, we will always have God to protect and guide us.
Comments
Post a Comment