Tucker has preschool screening coming up in a few weeks and he is beyond excited. He had some questions about what he will do at preschool screening and Avery was more than willing to fill him in.
After learning that he would have to write his name on the paper, he became a little nervous.
"But I don't know HOW to write!" he whined.
"I'll teach you." I said.
We sat down the other evening to practice. After showing him how to write a T, he smiled and drew his first line. Off to a good start. He is left handed!
Attention: We have a perfectionist in the house!
I tried getting him to put his head up and try again but he wouldn't. I let him alone while I got the other kids ready for bed.
I peeked in and saw that his head was up and he was again working on his writing. A good sign for sure, but then when I peeked in a few minutes later, his head was down again.
This is what he had written. Pretty good if you ask me, especially doing it all on his own, even though his letters are a bit mixed up. But maybe someday he'll work in a transitional care unit. Probably.
We pause to bring you a picture of a cute baby with chocolate all over his face.
Anyways, while I flipped through the notebook Tucker had written in, I found this picture. I chuckled.
I didn't want to push Tucker to write his name if he wasn't ready, but he kept insisting so we kept practicing. Today, this is what he wrote. Avery was quick to criticize his letters, but I think it's perfect.






Comments
Post a Comment