Potty training Avery was a piece of cake. Potty training Tucker was worse than a burnt cake. So I had decided to wait until Piper is really ready before I start the process.
Except I got too impatient today and decided to go for it.
I put her in undies today and nothing else. Well, except for a beaded necklace that she was wearing. I was anticipating an accident, which I was okay with, as I wanted her to realize that when she's wearing undies, an accident isn't comfortable.
Except she decided to sit on the Lazy Boy. On a towel I had put down. And she peed and kept watching Tucker play his game.
She got up and waddled around the house, with soaked underwear, completely oblivious.
I washed her up and put on a dry pair. And she did the exact same thing. Except I forgot to put a towel down. I didn't realize she had another accident until Avery went to sit on the Lazy Boy and leaped up, exclaiming, "Somebody peed on this chair and it's on my pants!"
I found Piper, with soaked undies, still completely oblivious, digging through the junk drawer. I brought her over to the site of the accident.
"Did you do that?" I asked.
"No." she said. "La-lo eat sanwich?" Nice subject change there, Petunia.
So I decided today that Piper isn't really ready.
I do hope that she will be before she goes to confirmation.
I put her in a diaper and sat down to finish crocheting her knight helmet, as Chet has been calling it. (It's a hooded neck warmer.)
She nestled in next to me to watch. Avery and Tucker were playing upstairs.
Suddenly, Avery started yelling.
"Mom! Mom! Mom!" she yelled. "Mom! Mom!"
Each mom was sounding more frantic than the next. Expecting the absolute worst, like Tucker falling out the window, I jumped up from the couch, almost taking out Piper's eye with my crochet hook.
"Mom!" Avery yelled, coming around the corner, out of breath.
"WHAT?!" I yelled back, wondering what in tarnation was going on.
"Mom, I helped the old lady out from under the rock!"
"You what?!"
"On my Leapster game. I helped the old lady out from under the rock. Her leg was stuck. And I won fifty coins!"
Give me a heart attack, why don't you? I about took out your sister's eyeball all because you were able to save an imaginary old lady from a rock.
But that was nice of her to help that poor cartoon old woman. I'd hate to be a cartoon. Especially if I was stuck in a game where I got trapped under rocks.
Except I got too impatient today and decided to go for it.
I put her in undies today and nothing else. Well, except for a beaded necklace that she was wearing. I was anticipating an accident, which I was okay with, as I wanted her to realize that when she's wearing undies, an accident isn't comfortable.
Except she decided to sit on the Lazy Boy. On a towel I had put down. And she peed and kept watching Tucker play his game.
She got up and waddled around the house, with soaked underwear, completely oblivious.
I washed her up and put on a dry pair. And she did the exact same thing. Except I forgot to put a towel down. I didn't realize she had another accident until Avery went to sit on the Lazy Boy and leaped up, exclaiming, "Somebody peed on this chair and it's on my pants!"
I found Piper, with soaked undies, still completely oblivious, digging through the junk drawer. I brought her over to the site of the accident.
"Did you do that?" I asked.
"No." she said. "La-lo eat sanwich?" Nice subject change there, Petunia.
So I decided today that Piper isn't really ready.
I do hope that she will be before she goes to confirmation.
I put her in a diaper and sat down to finish crocheting her knight helmet, as Chet has been calling it. (It's a hooded neck warmer.)
She nestled in next to me to watch. Avery and Tucker were playing upstairs.
Suddenly, Avery started yelling.
"Mom! Mom! Mom!" she yelled. "Mom! Mom!"
Each mom was sounding more frantic than the next. Expecting the absolute worst, like Tucker falling out the window, I jumped up from the couch, almost taking out Piper's eye with my crochet hook.
"Mom!" Avery yelled, coming around the corner, out of breath.
"WHAT?!" I yelled back, wondering what in tarnation was going on.
"Mom, I helped the old lady out from under the rock!"
"You what?!"
"On my Leapster game. I helped the old lady out from under the rock. Her leg was stuck. And I won fifty coins!"
Give me a heart attack, why don't you? I about took out your sister's eyeball all because you were able to save an imaginary old lady from a rock.
But that was nice of her to help that poor cartoon old woman. I'd hate to be a cartoon. Especially if I was stuck in a game where I got trapped under rocks.
Comments
Post a Comment