Avery left her jacket at church on Sunday and had no choice but to wear Tucker's jacket to school yesterday. She's fortunate that his jacket is black and that it fits her.
She threw a royal fit when I pulled it off the hook yesterday morning and handed it to her.
"All the kids will tease me!" she cried.
I walked her to school, carrying her poster with pictures of her life, as she is child of the week this week. She shuffled beside me, head down, hair hanging over her face. Embarrassed. I had to keep pulling her along.
We got to her classroom door and she stood there, staring at the floor as her classmates bustled around getting ready for the day. I explained to the substitute teacher what her drama was this morning and she roared.
Avery's friends came towards the door and Avery burst into a hurried explanation.
"Girls, I'm wearing this jacket because I left mine at church and it's Tucker's and its a boy jacket and don't laugh at me, ok?" she said.
They stood and stared at her like she was absolutely crazy.
I left, shaking my head at my 5 going on 15 year old daughter.
When she came off the bus that day and into the house, she exclaimed, "No one teased me about my jacket!"
I told you so.
It's 9:15am in the morning and Piper and Tucker have been fighting non-stop since 7:30am. The problem with kids this close in age is that when they get along, it's fantastic but when they fight, watch out.
It all started this morning when Tucker was setting the table. Piper tried to help him by pushing a chair over to the counter and he put a stop to it. She smacked him on the top of the head and tried to keep going. He shoved her and she screamed. She tried to smack him back but missed, making her even more upset.
I separated the two and a peaceful breakfast ensued.
When the table was cleared, I sent the kids off to play. It wasn't long before I heard some screeching upstairs along with some smacking of flesh. Both kids came downstairs bawling.
I tried separating the two of them, Piper downstairs and Tucker upstairs but not more than a few minutes later, they were playing nicely together. Then Tucker pulled out a diaper box and started pulling it towards the middle of the living room. Piper decided she wanted it to go in the other direction. They tugged and pulled and screamed, both refusing to give in.
After Tucker won, Piper came over to me, head down, bawling.
"Mom, Tucker bugging me!" she wailed. "Tucker! Go outside!"
Tucker ignored her, sitting on the couch with a book, not even playing with his winning prize. Piper is too busy bawling about it that she doesn't even realize it's available to play with.
Someday they will be best friends, right?
She threw a royal fit when I pulled it off the hook yesterday morning and handed it to her.
"All the kids will tease me!" she cried.
I walked her to school, carrying her poster with pictures of her life, as she is child of the week this week. She shuffled beside me, head down, hair hanging over her face. Embarrassed. I had to keep pulling her along.
We got to her classroom door and she stood there, staring at the floor as her classmates bustled around getting ready for the day. I explained to the substitute teacher what her drama was this morning and she roared.
Avery's friends came towards the door and Avery burst into a hurried explanation.
"Girls, I'm wearing this jacket because I left mine at church and it's Tucker's and its a boy jacket and don't laugh at me, ok?" she said.
They stood and stared at her like she was absolutely crazy.
I left, shaking my head at my 5 going on 15 year old daughter.
When she came off the bus that day and into the house, she exclaimed, "No one teased me about my jacket!"
I told you so.
It's 9:15am in the morning and Piper and Tucker have been fighting non-stop since 7:30am. The problem with kids this close in age is that when they get along, it's fantastic but when they fight, watch out.
It all started this morning when Tucker was setting the table. Piper tried to help him by pushing a chair over to the counter and he put a stop to it. She smacked him on the top of the head and tried to keep going. He shoved her and she screamed. She tried to smack him back but missed, making her even more upset.
I separated the two and a peaceful breakfast ensued.
When the table was cleared, I sent the kids off to play. It wasn't long before I heard some screeching upstairs along with some smacking of flesh. Both kids came downstairs bawling.
I tried separating the two of them, Piper downstairs and Tucker upstairs but not more than a few minutes later, they were playing nicely together. Then Tucker pulled out a diaper box and started pulling it towards the middle of the living room. Piper decided she wanted it to go in the other direction. They tugged and pulled and screamed, both refusing to give in.
After Tucker won, Piper came over to me, head down, bawling.
"Mom, Tucker bugging me!" she wailed. "Tucker! Go outside!"
Tucker ignored her, sitting on the couch with a book, not even playing with his winning prize. Piper is too busy bawling about it that she doesn't even realize it's available to play with.
Someday they will be best friends, right?
Comments
Post a Comment