The Christmas season is officially upon us. How do I know this? Well, for starters, all of the kids have runny noses. And it's freezing cold outside. And all of my Christmas shopping is done. And the stockings are hung on the hooks with care.
But I refuse to put up the tree until December. That's where I draw the line. It's an ugly, artificial tree and I cringe every time I pull it out of the box. But it was free and I'm too stingy to buy another one.
One thing we learned last week is that Piper's afraid of the car wash. She never used to be. She's turning into her mother. I'm not afraid of car washes but I'm afraid of just about everything else.
We had a lovely Thanksgiving and I was fortunate enough to have the day off of work. I boycotted the Black Friday madness, although my adventurous spouse ventured off at midnight to see what all the fuss was about. He returned at 9am with one small bag.
I did, however, take advantage of the Cyber Monday deals this morning. I just scored a Kindle Fire for $129. Oh, yes, the $40 tablet I bought at Menards a few weeks back broke and it was returned for a refund.
I've been pacing around the house for the last hour; I just accepted a nursing position at another facility. It's more pay and less hours and it sounds great, but I keep going back and forth, because after all, it is more pay and less hours. Poor Chet has to listen to me hemming and hawing, getting excited, then getting scared, then getting excited again. I keep going through the list of pros and cons, over and over again.
Hopefully, I'll decide soon. Or maybe I won't.
.jpg)
Cute stockings! Made by you?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with deciding on the new job.. I hear you about being unable to make up your mind...
Now I know where Nora's nasty booger nose came from. ;)
I made them. Don't look too closely at them. Still waiting for the rest of the stocking charms to come in the mail to help personalize them a little bit.
ReplyDelete