We left for the babysitter's in Monticello yesterday and not even a quarter mile down the road, Hey, Mom! starts up. It's how our drive typically goes, whether we're going to the store, going to church or going on a long road trip. I realize that Avery is a talker, but until I sat back and thought about, I realized she really is a talker. Like, she talks a lot.
Hey Mom!
What?
William lives over there.
No, they moved.
But why?
Because they bought a house.
How did they get to their house?
Drive, I suppose.
What does I suppose mean?
It means I guess.
Why did they buy a house?
Because they wanted to.
Was it expensive?
Probably.
Does probably mean yes?
Sure.
What does sure mean?
It means yes.
Oh.
We continued our drive, now going past a gas station about a half mile down the road, which in the process of being remodeled.
Hey, Mom!
What?
What is that right there?
A gas station that they are fixing.
Can I go there and pick one thing when it's open?
Sure.
Does sure mean yes?
What did I say it meant?
Oh. Sure means yes.
Now about two miles from home, we passed the middle school.
Hey, Mom!
What?
Who's school is that?
That's Hannah's school.
And yours?
Yes, I went there when I was 12.
But now you don't because you're 24 and huge?
Yeah.
Oh.
About another mile and a half down the road, we pass a cornfield.
Hey, Mom!
What?
What is that?
What is what?
That field?
It's a cornfield.
There's corn in it?
Yes, for the cows.
Do the cows eat it?
Yes.
Do people eat it?
Not that corn.
Not that corn.
Do they eat other corn?
Yes.
From that field over there?
Yes.
Oh.
We turned onto County Road 37 and started following a slow moving truck.
Hey, Mom!
What?
Why is he going so slow?
Because he's a big truck and can't move fast.
Well, make some noise with your horn so he'll get out of your way!
That's not very nice.
But you did it another time when that lady was going slow.
I did no such thing.
And one time Grandpa forgot to stop when the sign said stop.
Oh, yeah?
Hey, Mom!
What?
That sign said no passing zone.
I know, that's why I can't go around him.
But Dad did one time it said that.
Hmm. I'll have to ask him about that.
We are close to our destination. Tucker pipes up from his seat.
Hey, Mom!
What, buddy?
Go dat way.
Ok, thanks bud. I wasn't sure of which way to go.
We arrive.
Hey, Mom!
What?
Linda has the same plants as you.
Yup.
What are they called?
Hostas.
Pasta?
H-h-h-hostas.
Oh.
Hey, Mom!
Hey, Avery!
What?
Bye, I love you.
Bye, Mom.
Laura- Your blogs are so cute. I just have a good laugh when I read them.. Keep up the good work... :)
ReplyDelete