I'm getting to the point in my pregnancy where Chet has to inhale deeply and hold his breath before I sit on his lap. I believe he has fears of me crushing him and turning him into rubble. As he hugged me the other day, he looked down at my large belly.
There's something between us. Sniff. (His face contorts.) I thought we said nothing would ever come between us.
I came home from the gym yesterday and Avery, baby name book in hand, comes running over to me.
Mom, Mom! I found a name for the baby boy! I'm going to tell the baby what his name should be. Baby boy, do you...
She then stops and her face turns a crimson pink.
Oops. He can't hear me.
I told her that indeed, the baby can hear everything. She cautiously proceeds.
Hey, baby boy. Do you want your name to be Donald?
She then looks at me for an answer. I move my belly back and forth as if to mimic the baby shaking his head. In my best baby voice, I say,
No, I don't like that name.
Avery giggles, Tucker stares and Chet raises one eyebrow from across the room. I'm a weird mom.
I've actually already decided on a name, but Chet hasn't come on board yet. No worries. We go through this with every baby. I pick a name, Chet says no, I say yes, the name grows on him and wa-laa. Avery, Tucker and Piper. If it were up to him, we would have had Mary, Mack and Brooke. Not exactly my style.
Donny would go great with your other names!! Go Avery...
ReplyDelete