Avery seethes with jealousy at all the school kids walking by our house on the sidewalk. She dreams of the day she can wake up, put on her backpack and walk to school. I believe all she talks about these days is going to school. At the gym, I overheard her talking with the daycare staff.
"I just wish I could go to school." she said.
"You excited to ride on the big bus?" I heard them ask.
"No, I get to ride on the short bus."
Actually, she doesn't get to ride a bus if we still live in this house. She gets to walk.
She went to a practice Sunday School during church last night for all the new Sunday School students. She woke up this morning and told me all about it.
"Mom, guess what? I got to go to a practice Sunday School yesterday and I got to sit at a lamb table but I didn't know what a lamb was but then I saw it says lamb and then I knew where to sit. There was a boy at my table who was really loud and he kept saying, "What?! What?!" Then we got to listen to a story about two boys who were throwing rocks at a bird and their mom said, "Don't throw rocks at that bird!" So then they listened and then we got to color a picture of a bird and I got to color the American Robin but I didn't get to finish it because they said we were all done and I didn't get to color the sky. But Mom, we didn't even get to have races. Do I get to have races when I go to Kindergarten? But Mom, I'm so excited for Sunday School and there are lots of friends in my class and Myles but he sat by another girl and he didn't sit by me. Sigh. I just love Sunday School."
She took a breath at this point, I believe. I do hope her Sunday School teacher has lots of patience. I am somewhat afraid of what she will tell her teacher. She tends to stretch the truth at times.
Comments
Post a Comment