The kids and I love Target. I think Chet likes it too but he would never admit it. This time of year, things get marked down week after week and the kids and I go about once a week to take advantage of the clearances. Yesterday, we were in somewhat of a hurry. I warned the kids, in particular the oldest, who refuses to ride in, on or around any sort of cart since she is a big girl. We were making our way across the center aisle and I'm going at a pretty good clip.
"Mom! Wait! You're walking too fast!" she yelled.
"Ok, run and catch up to me, then I'll slow down."
She ran as fast as she could and once she caught up to me, she stopped, put her hands on her knees, bent her knees and panted. Like, really. You're that out of breath? I couldn't help but laugh. We kept on going, a little slower this time but each time we stopped, she'd do it again. Put hands on knees, bend knees and pant.
"Aren't I such a funny girl, Mom?"
A lady shopper got quite a kick out of this little show. Piper caught on and began to pant, waiting for her audience to laugh. Tucker didn't notice; he had smuggled Thomas into the store and was too busy driving him up and down the sides of the cart.
I left the store spending more than I had hoped to, buying more than I had planned and getting at least one glace-over from another shopper. Sounds like a typical day at your neighborhood Target.
Comments
Post a Comment