Here's what Chet accomplished over Labor Day Weekend.
1.) Hung up my jewelry hooks.
2.) Worked on his mom's house.
3.) Poured cold water on me when I was in the shower.
4.) Joined Twitter.
I got home from work late Sunday night to an empty house. Chet and the kids were still at his mom's birthday party. Starving, I cracked open a bag of Frosted Shredded Wheat and opened up my email. (Avery, go out of my room and stop reading everything I type, please.) The first new email said Thank you for joining Twitter! Junk. Delete. Next email, 20% off at DSW. Sweet! Print.
Chet came home and dropped the sleep deprived but hyper children off at the door. He stood in the doorway, ferociously texting away on his phone.
"Ahem! Can you stop texting and help me get these kids to bed? Who are you texting at this hour anyway?"
"I'm not texting."
"Regardless, let's get the kids to bed."
"Geez, grouchy. I'm Tweeting."
"You're WHAT?!?!?"
That tweet read, "Pretty much just got home."
Chet brought the kids upstairs to bed. He tweeted, "Walking upstairs now."
As we were crawling into bed, Chet tweets, "Pretty much just going to bed, for reals."
"Who is reading your tweets and WHY?" I ask.
"Me and Dustin joined Twitter. We're pretty much cool people now." he said.
"So you tweet back and forth about what happens during your day?"
"Pretty much." he said. "Look, he just tweeted, "Pretty much just having a smoke.""
"How many followers do you have?"
"Well, since we just started, we just have each other."
"And you expect that to change?" I ask.
"And you expect that to change?" I ask.
We woke up early the next morning and headed downtown to the Children's Museum. When we arrived, Chet updated his status, "Pretty much just got to the Children's Museum." Dustin updated his status shortly after, "Not at the Children's Museum."
I do wonder how long this is going to go on.



It was only fitting when we were leaving for him to tweet, "Leaving the CM. Pretty much just invented the abbreviation for the Children's Museum." I will not give out his Twitter name; I don't want this behavior to be encouraged.
Pretty much love your story!
ReplyDeleteI also went hunting/shooting, sanded and mudded part of the bathroom ceiling, mowed/weed wipped the yard, went to my moms party and didn't get drawn and quartered by the Craigslist guy. You make me sound like a slacker with such a thin list, especially when I gotta constantly update my peeps of my whereabouts and actions while on the go. I'm expecting my number of followers to double anytime now and i gotta keep it real if I expect to keep them.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Your really hip husband.
I'm so sorry, dear. I didn't mean to make you sound like a slacker. You did all the above mentioned things and for this you deserve credit.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Your equally hip wife