
Watching the tree trimming. Excuse Piper's my-hair-was-cute-but-I-like-to-pull-my-ponytail-out hair-do.
This morning, it was my turn to sleep in, meaning I didn't have to get up with the kids at 7am. I remembered this at 4:45am, after Avery came down with a bad dream about an animal outside her window. I snuggled into my covers, enjoying the cool, fall breeze coming in the windows. My husband snored next to me. Life was good.
Just as I was drifting off to sleep again, I hear a diesel engine fire up. A few men can be heard yelling. A chainsaw fires up. I look at my phone. 5:30am. Hopefully it's just a quick job and they can get off my street. I hear them talking about how much they want to shave off each tree. So much for sleeping in.
I've wanted them to trim our trees for weeks now. I'm tired of having to go out and pick up sticks and dead branches off the sidewalks and my yard. But I didn't want them to trim everything at 5:30am.
At 7am, they were still "trimming". I looked out the window and gasped. They've reduced one of the trees to almost nothing! They don't kid around. Once they completed all the trimming, they started feeding the trees into this large machine that turns them into mulch. We couldn't hear each other speak.
"HEY BABE!" Chet yelled.
"WHAT?" I yelled back.
"JFJIEJWKJGUIOE PRESSURE JFIEOWS THINGS?"
"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?"
"JFKEISLKDJE CHAIR JKLSIEJSK BETTER?"
"I STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Piper thought this was great that her parents were speaking in her native tongue of loud.
"RAR-RAR-RAR-RAR-RAR!" (As she chases me with a shoe on her hand, trying to scare me.)
The kids spent much of the morning watching them turn our trees into mulch.
All is quiet on the street now. Until they come next week and take down the 100 year old tree that is slowly but surely rotting from the inside out. If the trimming was loud, what's it going to be when they take down the whole tree?
Comments
Post a Comment