I called home from work last night and could hear all three kids crying. I could barely hear Chet's voice.
"Why are they all crying?" I asked.
"Well, Tucker pushed Piper, so he's in time-out. Piper got pushed so she's crying. Avery got her jump rope all tangled up in a knot so she's bawling." he said.
Sigh... Sounds like I have to play mediator and get everyone to stop crying.
I had a co-worker ask me how I take care of children all morning and then come take care of elderly people with dementia all evening. It's actually quite an easy transition. Besides changing my tone of voice, there's not much difference in the things I find myself saying.
"Don't eat that, that's paint!"
"Please don't throw milk on your table mate."
"What's in your mouth?"
"I checked your closet. There's no strange man in there."
As difficult as it is having to work, my beloved makes it easier on me. There's nothing better than coming home to a clean house. I'm sure someday we'll look back and wonder how we did it, but in the mean time, I try not to think about it.
Laura: thought I'd better comment so you keep blogging! I love your stories about your kids and your family life. Comparing your kids to your patients is just hilarious and I completely relate. Granted I only have one old person to take care occassionally but it really is like being around a 3 year old some days! I won't bore you with the detail......
ReplyDeleteWhy, thank you Selma! I'll keep blogging even if no one comments, as it's a good way to keep track of what goes on in our busy life.
ReplyDeleteLaura- Your blogs are so funny. I just chuckle when I read them You do an awesome job at writing .. I hope that you keep up entertaining us.. :) Your kids are so cute.. Keep up the good work.. :)
ReplyDeleteok..yes. And way late, but it seems I am a faithful reader. not faithful commenter. ha
ReplyDelete