
I don't know what's going on with Blogger these days but I can no longer post videos, italicize words, bold words, etc. Very frustrating. Fellow Bloggers, any suggestions?
Avery had been waiting and waiting and waiting for the Sunday School Program to get here. It has been on her mind ever since she learned about it a few months ago. For weeks, she's been prancing around, twirling her hair and saying things like, "Oh, I just can't wait to get on stage!" "At last! My Sunday School Program will be here in a few more weeks!" "Oh, I am just so excited!"
And like she predicted, the day finally came.
All the preschool thru second grade students filed in and took their seats in the front row. Avery perched on her teacher's lap. I was somewhat mortified and hoped her teacher didn't mind. She loves her teacher and talks continuously about her. She is her hero.
During the minister's sermon, Chet elbowed me and pointed to the front. Avery had gotten off her teacher's lap and was making her way up the aisle. We flagged her down and asked her what in the world she was doing. "Going potty." she replied, casually.
It felt like she was gone for hours and I had visions of her stuck in the bathroom stall with her tights jammed in her zipper or her dress hanging into the toilet. I wondered what would happen if she didn't make it back in time for her class to go up and sing.
She finally made her way back down the aisle and her dress was hanging on her like it should be and there were no wet spots. There wasn't toilet paper trailing from her shoes either. She made it out in one piece and in time to sing with her class.
I have an adorable video of the Sunday School kids singing but Blogger doesn't give me the option to upload a video.
After the program and after the kids received the all-important candy bags, we made our way back home. We stopped at a house in town that has Christmas lights timed to music. Chet brought the kids there a few days ago and Avery concluded that it was magic. I had to see for myself.
It was a good start to a festive week of last minute holiday preparations. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Comments
Post a Comment