Chet hauled in all the Christmas stuff from the garage last week. The kids were jumping around with excitement at the thought of decorating the Christmas tree and decking out the house in holiday cheer. I told them that after the dining room was clean, we would start. Avery giggled with sheer joy, one leg extended out to her side, one hip popped out to the other side, both arms extended in the air and a permagrin on her face.
"At last! It's time to decorate the Christmas tree!"
Chet had done the honors of setting up the tree a few days prior but now it was time to decorate. I plugged in the lights from last year to start wrapping around the tree. Fantastic. Burnt out. And we were out of fuses. Fantastic. Add white lights with green strands to the list.
Avery pulled out the tree skirt and gasped.
"You have GOT to be kidding me! Look what Jesus did!"
Last year, I had made a nativity set with clay and spray painted them with gold paint. Apparently, Jesus had melted over the summer and was now stuck to the tree skirt in a puddle of frozen gold paint. I pulled out the stockings. Another gasp went up.
"And Mary and Joseph! Ugh! And look, Mom, the ear fell off the sheep!"
Looks like that nativity set can go in the garbage. And the stockings. Gives me more motivation to finish the crocheted stockings I started last week.
Piper is amused by the tree but Avery is not amused at her amusement.
"Mom! Mom! Piper's touching the tree and she is going to bam it over and then we'll NEVER get to have Christmas! Oh! I just wish she was in bed!"
She emphasized her point by stomping her foot on the ground.
Poor Piper.
Comments
Post a Comment