This is the preschool thru second grade kids singing Silent Night, in case you can't tell what they're singing.
Early this morning, I heard pitter-patter of little feet coming down the stairs. The feet made their way through the kitchen and living room and I heard my door creak open. The feet realized I was still in bed pretend-sleeping and made their way back out into the living room. I heard the Christmas tree jingle and jangle like somebody was trying to move around it. I heard some rustling about, then, in a tiny, scratchy morning voice, I hear, "Ta-da!" I opened my eyes and saw that the Christmas lights had been turned on. The feet came back into my room and I opened my eyes to see a pair of big brown eyes staring at me.
"Mom. I turn lights on. I hungry. Can we set the table?"
I smiled my best morning smile and sent Tucker out to set the table. I looked over at my sleeping baby and decided if kissing him was worth the risk of waking him up. I heard Piper singing from her crib just as Avery stumbled down the stairs, eyes half closed, hair in complete disarray. She asked in a scratchy, morning voice if she could set the table. My cheery helpers set the table for breakfast as I brought Piper downstairs.
I looked at my agenda today.
1.) Feed baby often, about every 1.5 hours.
2.) Finish making cutouts.
3.) Fold one load of laundry.
4.) Crochet stocking for Piper.
I could get used to this not-working-40-hours-per-week thing.
Early this morning, I heard pitter-patter of little feet coming down the stairs. The feet made their way through the kitchen and living room and I heard my door creak open. The feet realized I was still in bed pretend-sleeping and made their way back out into the living room. I heard the Christmas tree jingle and jangle like somebody was trying to move around it. I heard some rustling about, then, in a tiny, scratchy morning voice, I hear, "Ta-da!" I opened my eyes and saw that the Christmas lights had been turned on. The feet came back into my room and I opened my eyes to see a pair of big brown eyes staring at me.
"Mom. I turn lights on. I hungry. Can we set the table?"
I smiled my best morning smile and sent Tucker out to set the table. I looked over at my sleeping baby and decided if kissing him was worth the risk of waking him up. I heard Piper singing from her crib just as Avery stumbled down the stairs, eyes half closed, hair in complete disarray. She asked in a scratchy, morning voice if she could set the table. My cheery helpers set the table for breakfast as I brought Piper downstairs.
I looked at my agenda today.
1.) Feed baby often, about every 1.5 hours.
2.) Finish making cutouts.
3.) Fold one load of laundry.
4.) Crochet stocking for Piper.
I could get used to this not-working-40-hours-per-week thing.
Love the video...it always cracks me up that there always a few "rockers" in the bunch. Someone on the left really is going to town! Maybe he/she should have gone potty with Avery!
ReplyDelete