Chet called me today while on his lunch break as I was feeding Milo in my room. As we discussed what we would do on his day off tomorrow and shared a few kid stories, Avery and Tucker came into my room.
"Get out, please! This is my room and I'm on the phone!"
"But, Mom..."
"Out!"
The kids left the room. We continued our conversation.
A few moments later, they reappeared.
"Get out, kids! I'm on the phone!'
"But, Mom..."
"Out!"
Again, we continued our conversation.
A few minutes later, Avery appeared at my bedside. I was about to give another lecture to her about coming in my room and bugging me while I was on the phone, but she spoke first.
"Mom. Tucker pooped in his underwear and I tried to help him and now it's all over the heater."
I became speechless.
"Uh, honey, I have a crisis. Gotta go."
There was poop everywhere. On the heater, in the heater, on the floor of the kitchen, on the laundry basket, on the clothes that were in the laundry basket, on the little potty, on the big potty, in the sink, on the cabinet, on Tucker, on the side of the bathtub and everywhere else in between. The doctor was right when she said Augmentin can cause diarrhea.
"Mom, I tried so hard to help him but poop kept going everywhere! And now, look, he needs a bath!"
I couldn't be mad. It was all my fault. What kind of mother ignores her children while she is on the phone?
I cleaned everything up and put Tucker back in a diaper. He has been doing so well with his potty training, but when you slide into first and you feel a little burst you may not be able to make it in time, especially when you're two.
Comments
Post a Comment