Milo and I had a fantastic night. He slept for four hours, woke up for two and slept for another three. I feel like a whole new woman.
Chet took over Milo duty this morning and I stumbled out of bed and opened up the cereal cupboard. I was out of Frosted Shredded Wheat. My next available option was Honeycomb. Too soggy, I thought. Then I spied the bag of Marshmallow Matey's. I poured myself a bowl and was really pleased with my selection. In fact, I poured myself a second bowl. Again, I was quite satisfied. It had been a long time since I enjoyed a bowl of them.
Content with my breakfast, I went back into the bedroom and saw that Chet and Milo were sleeping soundly. The kids were playing upstairs and giggling, so I thought I'd take advantage of this quiet moment and take a nice, hot shower. Nothing like a nice, hot shower on a cold, crispy morning, especially after eating two large servings of Marshmallow Matey's.
I didn't hear any clunking or screaming while in the shower, which was especially refreshing. I turned off the water and stepped out, breathing in the still warm steam from the hot, hot shower.
Crinkle, crinkle, crinkle.
Slam.
"Gasp! Mom! Piper is naughty!"
I hear the sound of something small and crunchy and delicious pouring out onto the kitchen floor.

Remind me next time to lock the cereal cupboard. It's probably a good thing I savored my Marshmallow Matey's this morning because there will be no more breakfasts like it. She emptied the entire bag but I had to crop the picture so you wouldn't see my dirty floor.
Comments
Post a Comment