After a successful night of wrapping gifts last night with Chet, I decided he really had a knack for it and should pursue it full time. He offered to give my blog readers some tips on gift wrapping this holiday season.
Have too much wrapping paper on the end of the present? No problem, says Chet. Simply fold and tuck as much as you can against the end of the gift. Whatever doesn't fit, simply fold into a triangle and fold over, creating "the witch's hat". This is a signature fold, so if you do decide to use it on your child's gifts this year, please give Chet credit. Patent pending.
Have a toy that has protruded through the wrapping paper? Easy, says Chet. Simply take leftover scraps and fold into the desired shape. Tape over hole using one long piece of tape to get the desired look. This will also bring your child to believe they are receiving two gifts in one, making them extra happy.
Did you cut a piece of wrapping paper twice as long as you need it to be? No big deal, says Chet. Simply tuck, roll, tape, tuck, roll and tape until you get the look of Grand Teton National Park. To give it a smoother look, simply have your partner hold the box secure and tape using very long pieces of tape to smooth out the end. This is also a good way to make your child believe they are getting something they are not. For example, the present shown above is really a box containing a doll. Looking at it now that it's wrapped, you would never guess it for it is no longer the shape of a box.
He was so exhausted from wrapping the kids' gifts that I didn't let him wrap the gifts for other people. Although I'm sure he would have done just as nice of a job.
Thanks for the helpful tutorial on gift wrapping! I can't wait to try out Chet's solutions to some very common gift wrapping issues.
ReplyDeleteBob had to wrap Christmas presents for a Niemela Construction client one time... I should put him to work on ours here at this house, too! I maybe won't let him read this tutorial, however, as I'm not sure what his client would think about these crafty techniques.
ReplyDelete