When Avery was about a week old, I was changing her diaper and her cord stump fell off. Before I could catch it, it rolled off the changing table and into the baseboard heater and was never seen again. I wanted to write a song about it to the tune of On Top of Spaghetti.
When Tucker was a newborn, I brought him in for his two week check up. His cord stump was dangling by a string and his doctor pulled it off. I cringed and Tucker screamed. He has a cute outie belly button to show for it. I'm convinced that the doctor's action of pulling it off turned him into an outie.
Piper's cord stump was there when we brought her home and somehow it disappeared. We never saw it fall off and never found the evidence. One day, it was just gone.
I sat down on the couch to feed Milo a few days ago and noticed his stump was gone. It was just there a few moments ago when I was changing him in my room, so I knew it had to be around somewhere. In the middle of the feeding, I spied it on the carpet but couldn't get up to get it. Just then, Piper came into the living room eating a cookie. I scolded her for eating in the living room and as she was walking back towards the kitchen, she spied the cord stump. She put down her cookie, picked up the stump and before I could scream, she tried to eat it. I shrieked and she quickly dropped it and burst into tears.
When Tucker was a newborn, I brought him in for his two week check up. His cord stump was dangling by a string and his doctor pulled it off. I cringed and Tucker screamed. He has a cute outie belly button to show for it. I'm convinced that the doctor's action of pulling it off turned him into an outie.
Piper's cord stump was there when we brought her home and somehow it disappeared. We never saw it fall off and never found the evidence. One day, it was just gone.
I sat down on the couch to feed Milo a few days ago and noticed his stump was gone. It was just there a few moments ago when I was changing him in my room, so I knew it had to be around somewhere. In the middle of the feeding, I spied it on the carpet but couldn't get up to get it. Just then, Piper came into the living room eating a cookie. I scolded her for eating in the living room and as she was walking back towards the kitchen, she spied the cord stump. She put down her cookie, picked up the stump and before I could scream, she tried to eat it. I shrieked and she quickly dropped it and burst into tears.
Comments
Post a Comment