Avery has been obsessed lately with the American Girl books. Her favorite American Girl changes daily; one day it's Kaya, the next it's Felicity and yesterday it was McKenna. Well, she calls her McKeena. Even though I corrected her. She said she can call her McKeena if she wants to. Fine.
I'm not sure if she quite grasps that the books are historical. My mom had her over a few weeks ago and she asked my mom if Germans have ever landed on her roof.
Today, as I was curling her cowlicky, snarly hair, she had a few questions.
"Mom?" she asked. "Do you know the King of England?"
"I'm not sure there is a King of England." I said.
"Yes, there is." she said. "He doesn't let people drink tea."
"Oh?" I said. "Why not?"
"Well, because he doesn't like it. He said it's too hot. That's what FellyCity said. And her grandfather was a trailer."
Hmm.
She continued.
"And Samantha, she is my favorite." she said. "She lives in Mount Bedford, New York. And there were a lot of inventens when she was a little girl."
"Inventens?" I asked.
"Yes, people invented things like the telephone." she said, matter of fact, then broke out in a smile.
Huh.
"Mom?" she asked. "Am I an American Girl?"
She sure is.
I'm not sure if she quite grasps that the books are historical. My mom had her over a few weeks ago and she asked my mom if Germans have ever landed on her roof.
Today, as I was curling her cowlicky, snarly hair, she had a few questions.
"Mom?" she asked. "Do you know the King of England?"
"I'm not sure there is a King of England." I said.
"Yes, there is." she said. "He doesn't let people drink tea."
"Oh?" I said. "Why not?"
"Well, because he doesn't like it. He said it's too hot. That's what FellyCity said. And her grandfather was a trailer."
Hmm.
She continued.
"And Samantha, she is my favorite." she said. "She lives in Mount Bedford, New York. And there were a lot of inventens when she was a little girl."
"Inventens?" I asked.
"Yes, people invented things like the telephone." she said, matter of fact, then broke out in a smile.
Huh.
"Mom?" she asked. "Am I an American Girl?"
She sure is.
Comments
Post a Comment