Piper was wandering around the house this morning when I woke up, her bangs hanging in her face and her too-big of pants sagging down to her knees. Chet had gotten up with the kids so I could get some sleep; I tend to get migraine headaches when I don't get enough sleep. It's kind of slick. Make him deal with me all day with my headache or let me sleep in when he's home and he'll have a happy wife.
Cause when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
Piper found me right away and started telling me a joke.
"Na na."
"Who's there?"
"Ooh-oo-oo."
"Ooh-oo-oo who?"
"It justajusta joh!"
"Oh, funny!" I said. "I want to say I've heard that one before."
"Bunny!" she said, grinning.
I sat down to feed my absolutely munchable Milo. Piper came over to me and started inspecting my feet. She does this every now and then. She looks at the bottoms of my feet, then my toes, then my toenails, then at my face and then she walks away. It's very strange. Future podiatrist?
"Appo." she said, pointing to the refrigerator.
"You want an apple?" I asked.
"Appo."
"Go get one." I said, not wanting to get off of my comfy perch on the couch.
"Tay." she said and made her way over to the fridge.
She opened the fridge, pulled open the bottom drawer and helped herself to an apple. She tried to shut the fridge without shutting the bottom drawer and I heard a big CRACK. I put Milo down, who was now screaming, and went over to inspect the damage. None. Whew.
She walked around the house, taking miniature bites from her apple and stopping every now and then to look at things. Under the stove. At the wall. In the clost. She zoomed in when she got to the dishwasher. I'm not sure what she's looking for but she was looking at everything like she does when she inspects my feet.
She found a ziploc baggie on the counter and pulled it down, putting her apple inside it. She asked me to zip it shut, which I did, but then she started throwing a tantrum when she couldn't open it. I opened it, she took a bite and then put it back in, asking me to zip it shut. I wasn't going to play that game all morning and took the bag away.
She didn't seem to care and walked into the living room and made herself comfortable in Milo's baby swing. I glared at her and without me having to say a word, she got out and went to sit at the table.
She's had the apple for about 20 minutes now. It's starting to brown but she's slowly making her way around it.
Despite how naughty she can be, I do love this age. I never appreciated it when Avery was little. I was always anxious for that next step, that next milestone, wanting her to grow up. And now she's five and huge and using too big of words for her own good. So I'm holding onto Piper, like I did with Tucker, trying to enjoy every minute.
Cause when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
Piper found me right away and started telling me a joke.
"Na na."
"Who's there?"
"Ooh-oo-oo."
"Ooh-oo-oo who?"
"It justajusta joh!"
"Oh, funny!" I said. "I want to say I've heard that one before."
"Bunny!" she said, grinning.
I sat down to feed my absolutely munchable Milo. Piper came over to me and started inspecting my feet. She does this every now and then. She looks at the bottoms of my feet, then my toes, then my toenails, then at my face and then she walks away. It's very strange. Future podiatrist?
"Appo." she said, pointing to the refrigerator.
"You want an apple?" I asked.
"Appo."
"Go get one." I said, not wanting to get off of my comfy perch on the couch.
"Tay." she said and made her way over to the fridge.
She opened the fridge, pulled open the bottom drawer and helped herself to an apple. She tried to shut the fridge without shutting the bottom drawer and I heard a big CRACK. I put Milo down, who was now screaming, and went over to inspect the damage. None. Whew.
She walked around the house, taking miniature bites from her apple and stopping every now and then to look at things. Under the stove. At the wall. In the clost. She zoomed in when she got to the dishwasher. I'm not sure what she's looking for but she was looking at everything like she does when she inspects my feet.
She found a ziploc baggie on the counter and pulled it down, putting her apple inside it. She asked me to zip it shut, which I did, but then she started throwing a tantrum when she couldn't open it. I opened it, she took a bite and then put it back in, asking me to zip it shut. I wasn't going to play that game all morning and took the bag away.
She didn't seem to care and walked into the living room and made herself comfortable in Milo's baby swing. I glared at her and without me having to say a word, she got out and went to sit at the table.
She's had the apple for about 20 minutes now. It's starting to brown but she's slowly making her way around it.
Despite how naughty she can be, I do love this age. I never appreciated it when Avery was little. I was always anxious for that next step, that next milestone, wanting her to grow up. And now she's five and huge and using too big of words for her own good. So I'm holding onto Piper, like I did with Tucker, trying to enjoy every minute.
Comments
Post a Comment