Avery has taken it upon herself to become the household boss. I don't blame her; there are more than two years between her and Tucker, and then Tucker, Piper & Milo were all born within 3 1/2 years of each other, so in her mind, she lives in a house with a bunch of babies.
A few days ago, I asked the kids to clean up before we left to go garage saleing. Avery got right to it, but was annoyed at the lack of participation among the babies of the house.
"Tucker!" she yelled. "Clean up your trains before I throw them away!"
He hopped right to it.
"Piper!" she continued. "Clean up your shoes before they end up in the garbage!"
Piper shook her head and said, "Nnnno!"
Milo was watching the action from his Bumbo, two fingers in his mouth and drool dribbling all over the floor. Avery's eyes caught his.
She smiled and told him, "And Milo, you just keep being cute!"
He squealed with approval and kept eating his fingers.
She ran over to him and kissed him repeatedly on the cheeks.
She saw me watching them and smiled at me and sighed.
"Mom." she said. "Isn't Milo so curious?"
Today, she gave me a pop quiz.
"I'm going to give you a baby quiz." she informed me. "What is a baby's favorite thing to eat?"
"Milk?" I answered.
"Nope. His feet. Now, what is the best part to eat on a baby?"
"We cannibals now? I suppose his cheeks?" I answered.
"Nope. His feet. They are so kissable."
She pointed to Milo, who was sitting up on the couch, feet in mouth, babbling to whoever was listening, "Ba-ba-ba-ba-da-da-da-pppttthhhh."
Tucker seems to be completely 100% recovered from his tonsillectomy. It's such a relief to have it all behind us. He is back to his mild-mannered self, finding time to come snuggle with me and tell me about his trains and about how cute Milo is.
I was running behind and was trying to get the dishes done yesterday before Chet and I left to go on a date when Tucker pulled on my shirt and asked, "Mom, are you mad?"
I stopped and looked at him. He was scowling. I realized I was scowling too. I scowled back at him and then wiggled my eyebrows. He giggled and said, "I like it when you happy."
A few days ago, I asked the kids to clean up before we left to go garage saleing. Avery got right to it, but was annoyed at the lack of participation among the babies of the house.
"Tucker!" she yelled. "Clean up your trains before I throw them away!"
He hopped right to it.
"Piper!" she continued. "Clean up your shoes before they end up in the garbage!"
Piper shook her head and said, "Nnnno!"
Milo was watching the action from his Bumbo, two fingers in his mouth and drool dribbling all over the floor. Avery's eyes caught his.
She smiled and told him, "And Milo, you just keep being cute!"
He squealed with approval and kept eating his fingers.
She ran over to him and kissed him repeatedly on the cheeks.
She saw me watching them and smiled at me and sighed.
"Mom." she said. "Isn't Milo so curious?"
Today, she gave me a pop quiz.
"I'm going to give you a baby quiz." she informed me. "What is a baby's favorite thing to eat?"
"Milk?" I answered.
"Nope. His feet. Now, what is the best part to eat on a baby?"
"We cannibals now? I suppose his cheeks?" I answered.
"Nope. His feet. They are so kissable."
She pointed to Milo, who was sitting up on the couch, feet in mouth, babbling to whoever was listening, "Ba-ba-ba-ba-da-da-da-pppttthhhh."
Tucker seems to be completely 100% recovered from his tonsillectomy. It's such a relief to have it all behind us. He is back to his mild-mannered self, finding time to come snuggle with me and tell me about his trains and about how cute Milo is.
I was running behind and was trying to get the dishes done yesterday before Chet and I left to go on a date when Tucker pulled on my shirt and asked, "Mom, are you mad?"
I stopped and looked at him. He was scowling. I realized I was scowling too. I scowled back at him and then wiggled my eyebrows. He giggled and said, "I like it when you happy."
Comments
Post a Comment