I was sewing up a few more bibs for Milo, my biggest drooler to date. He goes through at least five bibs per day and most of them have become quite rancid, stained and worn.
Piper came wandering over to me and started playing with my pins, which is about what she does every time I sew. I started to count to three. She started poking the pins into the fabric scraps. I got to three. She finally stopped.
She smiled at me, then said, "Mom."
"What?" I asked.
Her face contorted. "Ouuuu-CH." she said, emphasizing the ch.
"What?" I asked.
She smiled. Apparently she just learned a new word and had to try it out.
She then started singing her ABC's. I started singing along with her when she suddenly stopped.
She got down from her chair and ran out of the room.
Fine. I guess you don't like my singing either. (Tucker is also not a fan.)
She came back a few moments later carrying her AlphaBerry. There's a button on top that when you press it, it plays the alphabet song and each time you press it, it plays it a different way. Only one of the four ways has words that go along with it.
She climbed back onto her chair at the table, clunking her head on the underside of the table. She pressed the button quickly three times, until she got to the song that has words. She grinned and started singing along.
Once the song stopped, the next version started up, one without words. She pressed the button quickly three times, skipping ahead to the song with words.
She soon tired of that and started running back and forth across the house. Each time she got to a wall, she'd say, very quietly, "I won!"
She's not naughty all the time. Just most of the time.
Piper came wandering over to me and started playing with my pins, which is about what she does every time I sew. I started to count to three. She started poking the pins into the fabric scraps. I got to three. She finally stopped.
She smiled at me, then said, "Mom."
"What?" I asked.
Her face contorted. "Ouuuu-CH." she said, emphasizing the ch.
"What?" I asked.
She smiled. Apparently she just learned a new word and had to try it out.
She then started singing her ABC's. I started singing along with her when she suddenly stopped.
She got down from her chair and ran out of the room.
Fine. I guess you don't like my singing either. (Tucker is also not a fan.)
She came back a few moments later carrying her AlphaBerry. There's a button on top that when you press it, it plays the alphabet song and each time you press it, it plays it a different way. Only one of the four ways has words that go along with it.
She climbed back onto her chair at the table, clunking her head on the underside of the table. She pressed the button quickly three times, until she got to the song that has words. She grinned and started singing along.
Once the song stopped, the next version started up, one without words. She pressed the button quickly three times, skipping ahead to the song with words.
She soon tired of that and started running back and forth across the house. Each time she got to a wall, she'd say, very quietly, "I won!"
She's not naughty all the time. Just most of the time.
Comments
Post a Comment