I found this picture while snooping, I mean, glancing at Chet's phone yesterday. It was taken on Mother's Day at the Maple Lake school playground. We spent the early afternoon eating fried chicken and swinging on the swings until I had to go to work. In my old age, I'm getting major tickle-bellies just from swinging. No Valleyfair trip is necessary for me anymore; I get my jollies just swinging on a plain old swing. It was a fun although hot day. You wouldn't think it, looking at Tucker with his hoodie on. It doesn't matter if it's snowing, raining, hot, humid or just plain scorching hot. That hoodie does not come off. He insisted on wearing it while he was prepped for surgery, too.
I worked yesterday and Avery's wiggly tooth came out while I was at work. Although I didn't know that until 5:45am, when she came downstairs bawling.
"The tooth fairy forgot all about my tooth!" she wailed.
I sat up in bed and nudged Chet.
"Oops." he mumbled after discovering her heartbreak.
She was holding it in a plastic bag, all ready for delivery to the tooth fairy's headquarters.
"Good one." I mumbled back.
Had I known she had lost her tooth, I would have made sure the tooth fairy visited before I went to bed last night. Now what do I do?
"Avery, the tooth fairy couldn't come out during the night because of the storm. I'm sure she'll come tomorrow night." I said.
"Ok." she said, still sobbing.
Saved by the storm.

Comments
Post a Comment