We joined Chet's brother and sister-in-law for supper last night at a local Mexican restaurant, called El-Molcajete. The food was delicious and the portions absolutely HEAPING, and it was relatively inexpensive. My dear sister, who also happens to be a brand new nurse (congratulations, sister), did the honors of babysitting our three oldest cherubs so we could sneak out for a bite to eat.
It was an early supper and we returned home around 5:30pm. I had promised the kids that we'd visit the library when we got back but neglected to check what time the library was open until. And of course, it was closed. By 6:30pm, the kids were whining and experiencing severe cabin fever. I couldn't take it much longer.
"Alright." I announced. "Let's go."
"Where to?" Chet asked.
"McDonalds. For ice cream. The kids can play."
"Ok." he said. "Let's go."
So we went. We don't always tell the kids where we are going and they get a serious kick out of being surprised. We drove the entire mile to McDonald's and when we pulled in, Avery started giggling.
"Do we get to go inside?!" she asked.
"Yup." I replied.
"Oh, Mom, you are the best!" she said as she wrapped her little arms around me.
The kids played in the germ-filled PlayPlace and Piper sipped on a community chocolate shake. All the kids shared it. I was too cheap to buy them their own. It didn't take her long to dump it all over the place. I took away what was left of it and gave her a few McDonald's cookies instead. She took off over to the PlayPlace with them still in her hands. Chet and I were visiting and I heard a few other parents gasp. Piper had placed her cookies on the floor and had gone over to another table and tried to reach someone's leftover food. Some lady intervened before I could and Piper wandered back over to her cookies. She picked them back up and started to eat one. I didn't bat an eye; how else is she supposed to build up her immune system? But the other parents started making groaning noises like they were completely grossed out, so I pretended to be grossed out and scooped Piper up and took away the cookies.
We left McDonald's and headed for our local Walmart. I was feeling pretty high class on this Friday night. While Chet perused the hunting aisles, I made my way over to the photo booth to drop off his roll of film. I was pretty certain that no one develops film anymore but that's not the case. Feeling quite old school, I filled out the little envelope and dropped the film into the box. I do wonder what's on it.
Chet met up with me after purchasing a box of ammunition.
"What's that for?" I asked.
"We're going shooting tomorrow. Me and you." he explained. "You need to practice again."
So we did. Chet's brother came over to watch the three oldest and we headed for the shooting range at 8am.
It was a fun little date, although it was absolutely freezing cold. After I passed Chet's evaluation of my shooting skills (good stance, quick draw, quick chamber and good accuracy), I warmed up in the Towncar, cranked up the heated seats and rummaged through Chet's center console. I found some watermelon gum in there and helped myself to a piece while Chet finished off the box of ammo.
The gum was delicious and the date was fun.


i can't wait to see what was on that roll of film! Do share
ReplyDelete