I awoke sometime in the night to a bump. And then a thump. And then a thump thump bump. It didn't sound like a car door slamming or the furnace kicking on. I heaved myself out of bed to investigate.
I found the thumping and bumping to be coming from upstairs. The kids' bedroom light was on and Avery was making her way down the stairs. She said she had to use the bathroom.
She then went back to bed and so did I.
I then started dreaming that I was gaining weight. Ten pounds a day, to be exact. I went visiting in my dream to my friend's house and she asked point blank about the weight gain. I told them it was my thyroid and that the Synthroid I'm taking is causing me to gain weight. She said that she didn't believe me and that I should really take a pregnancy test because I was taking on the shape of an 8 month along pregnant woman. So I did. She had some pregnancy tests in her silverware drawer. It was positive. And it also said I was indeed 8 months pregnant. Strange, because my baby is only 3 months old. But she told me that this happens in rare cases.
I woke up, sweating, pinching myself, making sure it was a dream.
Avery came clunking down the stairs this morning, appearing like she had had a rather restless night.
"Mom. I had a bad dream." she said, her voice raspy.
"What was it about?" I asked.
"Well, me and Tucker and Dad went to the cop store to buy some cop things for Daddy. Then Tucker made the beeper go off and he had to write three words. Then an alligator came out of an igloo." she said.
"Well, what were you doing clunking around in the night?" I asked.
"I was looking for someone to help me walk downstairs." she said.
Huh. I wonder who lives up there that would help her with that sort of thing.
One night, a few years ago, I was sleeping in bed and swore I felt someone touch my back. I rolled over and again felt someone touch my leg. I sat up and saw no one. I got up to use the bathroom and felt a gust of cold air coming from the front door. Upon investigation, I found the front door wide open. I still don't know if it was a figment of my imagination and the door was left open by one of us or if someone actually sneaked in to touch my back.
Eek.
I found the thumping and bumping to be coming from upstairs. The kids' bedroom light was on and Avery was making her way down the stairs. She said she had to use the bathroom.
She then went back to bed and so did I.
I then started dreaming that I was gaining weight. Ten pounds a day, to be exact. I went visiting in my dream to my friend's house and she asked point blank about the weight gain. I told them it was my thyroid and that the Synthroid I'm taking is causing me to gain weight. She said that she didn't believe me and that I should really take a pregnancy test because I was taking on the shape of an 8 month along pregnant woman. So I did. She had some pregnancy tests in her silverware drawer. It was positive. And it also said I was indeed 8 months pregnant. Strange, because my baby is only 3 months old. But she told me that this happens in rare cases.
I woke up, sweating, pinching myself, making sure it was a dream.
Avery came clunking down the stairs this morning, appearing like she had had a rather restless night.
"Mom. I had a bad dream." she said, her voice raspy.
"What was it about?" I asked.
"Well, me and Tucker and Dad went to the cop store to buy some cop things for Daddy. Then Tucker made the beeper go off and he had to write three words. Then an alligator came out of an igloo." she said.
"Well, what were you doing clunking around in the night?" I asked.
"I was looking for someone to help me walk downstairs." she said.
Huh. I wonder who lives up there that would help her with that sort of thing.
One night, a few years ago, I was sleeping in bed and swore I felt someone touch my back. I rolled over and again felt someone touch my leg. I sat up and saw no one. I got up to use the bathroom and felt a gust of cold air coming from the front door. Upon investigation, I found the front door wide open. I still don't know if it was a figment of my imagination and the door was left open by one of us or if someone actually sneaked in to touch my back.
Eek.
Comments
Post a Comment