Avery has shed a few tears over the fact that she doesn't yet know who she is going to marry.
She asked me the other day if people can marry their brother or sister. I told her no, that it's against the law.
The next day, she asked me if people can marry their mom or dad. I told her no, that it's against the law.
Today, as I was going about the house, tidying it up before Chet got home so that he wouldn't think I sat around on Facebook all day, I tripped over Tucker's boot.
"Tucker, pick up your boot and don't leave your stuff in the middle of the highway." I told him.
"Why?" he asked.
"Tucker!" Avery chipped in. "If Mom trips over your boot, she will fall down and die. Then Dad will have to marry a new woman and..."
She paused for a moment.
"Mom?" she asked. "Do the cops think it's okay that if your old woman dies, then you can marry a new woman?"
She asked me the other day if people can marry their brother or sister. I told her no, that it's against the law.
The next day, she asked me if people can marry their mom or dad. I told her no, that it's against the law.
Today, as I was going about the house, tidying it up before Chet got home so that he wouldn't think I sat around on Facebook all day, I tripped over Tucker's boot.
"Tucker, pick up your boot and don't leave your stuff in the middle of the highway." I told him.
"Why?" he asked.
"Tucker!" Avery chipped in. "If Mom trips over your boot, she will fall down and die. Then Dad will have to marry a new woman and..."
She paused for a moment.
"Mom?" she asked. "Do the cops think it's okay that if your old woman dies, then you can marry a new woman?"
Comments
Post a Comment