I had to run to Target on Sunday evening for diapers and wipes, and while I stood in the checkout line, I noticed a display of Cadbury eggs. I reached for a bag, then stopped myself, then reached again, telling myself they would be a gift to my spouse.
I got home and handed him the bag. He beamed. I shut my eyes as he went to put them away.
"Don't tell me where they are!" I instructed.
"Oh, they're in the top drawer of my dresser if you want some." he said. "Help yourself."
I socked him in the arm.
But so far, I have not been tempted.
Yesterday morning, he got up for school and as I was feeding Milo, he came in to say goodbye.
"So, do you want to do anything for Valentine's Day?" he asked.
"Like what? You don't have to get me anything." I said.
"So you're not going to be all mad if I don't do anything for you?" he asked.
I shook my head.
I told him that every day is Valentine's Day being married to him. I think he threw up a little in his mouth.
As I went about my business yesterday, sewing up a pair of jeggings for Avery and keeping Piper out of the pins, I kept watching the clock. Chet was getting tazed at school as part of his training and I was waiting for him to call me with how it went. He got maced a few weeks ago, then tazed yesterday. I wondered to myself if they were going to shoot him then in a few weeks, maybe test out the bullet proof vest. But no, that's not required. Whew.
So his thoughts on being tazed? Don't get tazed if you can help it. If the police are pointing a tazer at you, just do what they say because it's not fun. He said for three seconds, you are processing what's happening to you but you can't do anything about it because your sensory and motor have been shut down. Then for two long seconds which feel like two long minutes, you have to sit there and take it.
Kind of like labor.
I got home and handed him the bag. He beamed. I shut my eyes as he went to put them away.
"Don't tell me where they are!" I instructed.
"Oh, they're in the top drawer of my dresser if you want some." he said. "Help yourself."
I socked him in the arm.
But so far, I have not been tempted.
Yesterday morning, he got up for school and as I was feeding Milo, he came in to say goodbye.
"So, do you want to do anything for Valentine's Day?" he asked.
"Like what? You don't have to get me anything." I said.
"So you're not going to be all mad if I don't do anything for you?" he asked.
I shook my head.
I told him that every day is Valentine's Day being married to him. I think he threw up a little in his mouth.
As I went about my business yesterday, sewing up a pair of jeggings for Avery and keeping Piper out of the pins, I kept watching the clock. Chet was getting tazed at school as part of his training and I was waiting for him to call me with how it went. He got maced a few weeks ago, then tazed yesterday. I wondered to myself if they were going to shoot him then in a few weeks, maybe test out the bullet proof vest. But no, that's not required. Whew.
So his thoughts on being tazed? Don't get tazed if you can help it. If the police are pointing a tazer at you, just do what they say because it's not fun. He said for three seconds, you are processing what's happening to you but you can't do anything about it because your sensory and motor have been shut down. Then for two long seconds which feel like two long minutes, you have to sit there and take it.
Kind of like labor.
Comments
Post a Comment