I went back to work yesterday and stumbled through my shift, trying to remember everything and get acquainted with all the new people. I spent most of my shift sitting next to a little old lady, trying to calm her and keep her from leaping out of her chair.
This morning, the kids were excited to see me. Avery came in my room about 7:30am, hugged my leg as I lay in bed and told me just how much she missed me. She also said she was soggy this morning from being so hot in the night.
Tucker gasped and came running towards me, hugging me around both legs that were now hanging off the bed.
When I went to get Piper out of her crib, she looked up and said, "Oh, Mom!"
As I was getting breakfast ready, I asked the kids how it went being home with Daddy last night.
"Oh, it was ok." Avery said.
"It was bun!" Tucker said. "I got donuts! Two donuts!"
"You didn't get donuts, Tucker!" Avery yelled. "That was a different day you silly kid!"
She started poking at his pajamas with her finger.
"Don't poke my bears!" he told her.
As I was setting the table, they both went into the bathroom and shut the door. I overheard them talking.
"Tucker." Avery said. "Mom has to work every single day and then she will get very rich and she will buy lots of things."
"Oh." Tucker said. "Hey Awey, I got donuts with Dad."
"You didn't get donuts yesterday!" she yelled.
I opened the door and found Tucker sitting on the big toilet and Avery on the little potty. Hey, what's more fun than sitting on the pot with your brother or sister sitting on their pot staring at you?
I asked Avery what things I should buy now that I'm rich. All she could come up with was two lamps for her room; one for her and one for Tucker.
This morning, the kids were excited to see me. Avery came in my room about 7:30am, hugged my leg as I lay in bed and told me just how much she missed me. She also said she was soggy this morning from being so hot in the night.
Tucker gasped and came running towards me, hugging me around both legs that were now hanging off the bed.
When I went to get Piper out of her crib, she looked up and said, "Oh, Mom!"
As I was getting breakfast ready, I asked the kids how it went being home with Daddy last night.
"Oh, it was ok." Avery said.
"It was bun!" Tucker said. "I got donuts! Two donuts!"
"You didn't get donuts, Tucker!" Avery yelled. "That was a different day you silly kid!"
She started poking at his pajamas with her finger.
"Don't poke my bears!" he told her.
As I was setting the table, they both went into the bathroom and shut the door. I overheard them talking.
"Tucker." Avery said. "Mom has to work every single day and then she will get very rich and she will buy lots of things."
"Oh." Tucker said. "Hey Awey, I got donuts with Dad."
"You didn't get donuts yesterday!" she yelled.
I opened the door and found Tucker sitting on the big toilet and Avery on the little potty. Hey, what's more fun than sitting on the pot with your brother or sister sitting on their pot staring at you?
I asked Avery what things I should buy now that I'm rich. All she could come up with was two lamps for her room; one for her and one for Tucker.
Comments
Post a Comment