Avery is continuously bored and is forever asking me what she can do. I've suggested drawing, painting, writing a story, coloring a picture, reading a book, cleaning her room, but none of those suggestions are ever good enough. So one day, I told her to go spit in a shoe.
Her reaction was priceless.
"No, that's disgusting! I'm not going to spit in a shoe!" she yelled.
Today, Chet and I were lounging around and I was about to tell him about her reaction to my telling her to go spit in a shoe when she waltzed into our room.
"Mom. I'm bored. What can I do?" she asked.
"Go spit in a shoe." I said, grinning.
She stomped her feet and started yelling.
"I'm not going to spit in a shoe! You go spit in one hundred thousand shoes!" she said.
But I was bored too, and I wasn't in the mood to go spit in a shoe either, so we decided to pack up the kids for a little field trip.
First stop, Piper Drive in Buffalo. I've been meaning to bring the kids to get their pictures taken by a road sign bearing their name and today seemed like the perfect day to do it, a balmy 48 degree February day.
We made our way over to Tucker Road in Hassan. I didn't get as good of pictures with him, as he wasn't cooperating. It was too cold for him and the wind was bothering his ears. There was traffic and people slowed down to stare.
To find Avery Drive, I have to travel to Inver Grove Heights. And for Milo, we get to take a trip to Albert Lea. Someday when we're in the area, we'll swing by.
After taking photos, we swung into the local DQ for a treat.
Piper was much too preoccupied with the people at the table next to us to smile for a picture. That, or else she's wondering why a long piece of hair is hanging in her face.
After we ate and cleaned up the royal mess at DQ, we headed over to Cabela's. It's a place that makes everyone happy. Daddy can shop for things he can't afford and the kids gaze at the fish and the stuffed wildlife and ask twenty seven thousand questions.
This sweet little boy did nothing but sleep the entire time.




Comments
Post a Comment