I've got a baby on either side of me this morning, while I sit on the couch and blog. I've been slacking in the blog department lately. Perhaps I'm too busy to find amusing things to write about or perhaps nothing amusing has happened in the last week. The older baby (my babysitting charge) is going for Milo's bottle and Milo finds it incredibly amusing, folding in half, chuckling at Drew's antics.
I brought Avery out shopping on Monday for a flower girl dress for my sister Katie's wedding, which will be happening in two very short weeks.
We decided to travel into the big city, as I had other errands to run. We made our first stop at JCPenney, but Avery was not amused. The dresses weren't cute enough. And the ones she thought were cute, I almost puked in the corner.
We headed over to Marshall's, and again, had no luck. As Avery was slipping into a pretty blue dress in the fitting room, she lamented, "Ugh. It just doesn't touch the floor!" Apparently, flower girl dresses are supposed to touch the floor. I told her to bend her knees. She did. It touched the floor.
"But, Mom!" she said. "I can't bend over forever!"
She's right. But I can't shop forever with an incredibly picky five year old.
I had to run into Target for a few things, and what do you know? A pink, tulle, fancy dress that reaches the floor. So much for running to the big city.
She's been asking every day if she can try it on again, to be sure it still fits.
I brought Avery out shopping on Monday for a flower girl dress for my sister Katie's wedding, which will be happening in two very short weeks.
We decided to travel into the big city, as I had other errands to run. We made our first stop at JCPenney, but Avery was not amused. The dresses weren't cute enough. And the ones she thought were cute, I almost puked in the corner.
We headed over to Marshall's, and again, had no luck. As Avery was slipping into a pretty blue dress in the fitting room, she lamented, "Ugh. It just doesn't touch the floor!" Apparently, flower girl dresses are supposed to touch the floor. I told her to bend her knees. She did. It touched the floor.
"But, Mom!" she said. "I can't bend over forever!"
She's right. But I can't shop forever with an incredibly picky five year old.
I had to run into Target for a few things, and what do you know? A pink, tulle, fancy dress that reaches the floor. So much for running to the big city.
She's been asking every day if she can try it on again, to be sure it still fits.
Comments
Post a Comment