Since I started working again a whopping six days ago, I've developed a serious itch to go back to school for not only my RN but my Bachelor's. Call me crazy. I've spent a better part of this morning researching what it would take for me to get back in the game.
When I went for my LPN years and years ago, I only did so because I thought it would be easier than RN school and an easier program to get into as I'm not a straight A student. It was very easy to get into the program; I needed a C average and all six pre-req's done. I got done in 18 month's time but it was not one bit easy. I don't know how many times I wanted to quit, how many times I doubted myself and how many times I just threw my books across the room and cried.
But somehow, I graduated. And then a bigger miracle happened. I passed my boards. And then an even bigger miracle happened. I got a job right away.
I feel very blessed to have been able to go to school and now support my family as my better half finishes his education.
So why do I feel the urge to go bigger, go better?
Somebody stop me before it's too late and I'm drowning in books and clinicals and mean nursing instructors and debt. (I'm babysitting Heidi's kids this morning and both babies are now staring at me like I've lost my mind. And Piper just loaded her drawers; it's now obvious what she thinks of it.)
When I went for my LPN years and years ago, I only did so because I thought it would be easier than RN school and an easier program to get into as I'm not a straight A student. It was very easy to get into the program; I needed a C average and all six pre-req's done. I got done in 18 month's time but it was not one bit easy. I don't know how many times I wanted to quit, how many times I doubted myself and how many times I just threw my books across the room and cried.
But somehow, I graduated. And then a bigger miracle happened. I passed my boards. And then an even bigger miracle happened. I got a job right away.
I feel very blessed to have been able to go to school and now support my family as my better half finishes his education.
So why do I feel the urge to go bigger, go better?
Somebody stop me before it's too late and I'm drowning in books and clinicals and mean nursing instructors and debt. (I'm babysitting Heidi's kids this morning and both babies are now staring at me like I've lost my mind. And Piper just loaded her drawers; it's now obvious what she thinks of it.)
I would ask yourself what's more important right now: my kids or my education? we only have one chance at this mom gig, so we may as well do the best we can, make the most of it, etc. but then, that's coming from me-- a mom who's never been able to quite fathom how other moms can simultaneously work, raise a family, and still stay sane while doing so. I just don't have it in me. (obviously, if it's for financial reasons then that's a different story.)
ReplyDelete