This morning, as I fed a chubby Milo who looks like he never needs to eat again, Avery came running over to me.
"Mom! Come quick! Come see what Piper's doing!" she yelled.
Uh oh. This is never good.
I ran behind her into the dining room to find Piper sitting in her highchair, throwing Cheerios on the floor, one after the other. Not so bad, I thought. Then I looked again.
"I never put milk in your cereal?" I asked Piper.
"Yeah." she said.
"Poor thing! I'd throw them on the floor too!"
I was wondering why it was taking her so long to eat.
Poor Piper.
I'm leaving today to go stay at a hotel with my friends. My plan all along has been to leave Milo behind, to take full advantage of the fact that I can leave him. And that I have a husband willing to take all of the kids, including a 4 month old. And that I probably deserve a good night's sleep for once.
But last night at work, I started getting a tight feeling in my chest, thinking about leaving him. What if Chet didn't hear him in the night? What if he was screaming the whole night and refused to sleep? What if he poops everywhere? I called him to get his opinion.
His concern was that I wouldn't get any sleep if I left him behind, that I'd be so worried about him that I wouldn't even get to enjoy myself. I mean, he is really cute. It's probably a good thing I don't want to leave him behind but I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm sure he'll be fed and clothed and changed as needed. And it won't kill Chet to see what I go through every single night. But he is so cute! And chubby! And what if I get lonesome? If he was with me, I could just snuggle him and I'd feel better!
He was up every two hours last night for a feeding.
I'm tired.
I'm leaving him behind.
Of course, with a detailed list of what to do with him.
"Mom! Come quick! Come see what Piper's doing!" she yelled.
Uh oh. This is never good.
I ran behind her into the dining room to find Piper sitting in her highchair, throwing Cheerios on the floor, one after the other. Not so bad, I thought. Then I looked again.
"I never put milk in your cereal?" I asked Piper.
"Yeah." she said.
"Poor thing! I'd throw them on the floor too!"
I was wondering why it was taking her so long to eat.
Poor Piper.
I'm leaving today to go stay at a hotel with my friends. My plan all along has been to leave Milo behind, to take full advantage of the fact that I can leave him. And that I have a husband willing to take all of the kids, including a 4 month old. And that I probably deserve a good night's sleep for once.
But last night at work, I started getting a tight feeling in my chest, thinking about leaving him. What if Chet didn't hear him in the night? What if he was screaming the whole night and refused to sleep? What if he poops everywhere? I called him to get his opinion.
His concern was that I wouldn't get any sleep if I left him behind, that I'd be so worried about him that I wouldn't even get to enjoy myself. I mean, he is really cute. It's probably a good thing I don't want to leave him behind but I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm sure he'll be fed and clothed and changed as needed. And it won't kill Chet to see what I go through every single night. But he is so cute! And chubby! And what if I get lonesome? If he was with me, I could just snuggle him and I'd feel better!
He was up every two hours last night for a feeding.
I'm tired.
I'm leaving him behind.
Of course, with a detailed list of what to do with him.
Comments
Post a Comment